Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman answered this question once. the buttons are controlled via bios (or hard coded) or something like that.

Best option for brightness control when the native slider doesn't work, is to use ACPIBacklight.kext. It will help assuming your ACPI brightness methods work.

you can try using F8 to see the brightness slider but it doesnt do anything to adjust brightness.
you can try remapping keys if you like.

Without implementing ACPIBacklight.kext, mapping the keys isn't going to make the native brightness controls work. It all hinges on making the slider work. When the native driver doesn't work, ACPIBacklight.kext is last resort.

no brightness slider but the buttons work to adjust brightness (F11/F12).

yes, I do see the volume slider with the buttons and volume control works as well (F1/F2/F3)

I made a discovery, although it is not adjusting the brightness, Fn+Home(Pause) and Fn+PgUp(ScrLk) make the brightness widget appear..

Best option for brightness control when the native slider doesn't work, is to use ACPIBacklight.kext. It will help assuming your ACPI brightness methods work.

Without implementing ACPIBacklight.kext, mapping the keys isn't going to make the native brightness controls work. It all hinges on making the slider work. When the native driver doesn't work, ACPIBacklight.kext is last resort.

I tried that I think. Slider worked but no change with hardware buttons.

I just did a few tests on the USB 3.0. Its definitely USB 3.0. I copied 2GB via USB 3.0 HDD enclosure in about one to two minutes.

It was acting funny after sleep, but it was not interfering with sleep. When I returned from sleep the device kept mounting and unmounting.

If there is no 3.0 drive attached to the 3.0 hub then the camera on its own not interfere or malfunction after sleep. Additionally, I tested by having the camera on inside facetime, then putting the machine to sleep, the camera goes off (led indicator goes off), and when I wake it up the camera returns to the powered on state.

Issue with mounting and unmounting does not occur with USB 2.0 thumb drive, however the thumb drive shows up grey on the desktop and the USB 3.0 showing up orange.

I was doing some looking at the multiplex patch (optimizing it) and seeing how it applies to to the U310 DSDT (ikkiko's native DSDT). One of the things the patch tries to do is fix up a call from _WAK to XWAK and makes it call XHC1._INI instead:

Code:
into method label _WAK code_regex \_SB.PCI0.XHC1.XWAK replace_matched begin _SB.PCI0.XHC1._INI end;

The U310 DSDT does not have a call to XWAK like that, but it does have some things related to XHC. One other thing I notice about this area, is there is a lot of checks for OSYS (which is the DSDT's way of checking what version of Windows it is running against). Most DSDTs for OS X need to be patched so OSYS is initialized as it would be for "Windows 2006" or "Windows 2009". Otherwise there can be code that was intended to execute that isn't. In other words, checks against OSYS should be reviewed in an attempt to figure out what is the right value...

If the brightess is controlled by ACPI then there is hope for a DSDT patch?

I have made a discovery:

-Rehabman DSDT Brightness patch makes the brightness slider show up in sys prefs.
-GeneralBrightness.kext makes the slider work.
-Fn/F8 and Fn/pause keys change brightness up and down with the sun.

Go to BIOS and set the F11/F12 brightness to max first. Then the slider will have full range inside OSX.

Now the goal is to get the Fn/f8 and fn/pause keys to work with F11/F12 keys and we should be good.

I tried that I think. Slider worked but no change with hardware buttons.

Keyboard mapping to those functions is a keyboard driver issue.

Thats good but its a kext :'( at least its not the kind that would break anything during an upgrade right?

Keyboard mapping to those functions is a keyboard driver issue.
Is it possible to debug?

Edit: Not that I really care that because bouncy keyboard is wacko. Chiclet? I just want something challenging w/ homework lol

I have made a discovery:

-Rehabman DSDT Brightness patch makes the brightness slider show up in sys prefs.
-GeneralBrightness.kext makes the slider work.
-Fn/F8 and Fn/pause keys change brightness up and down with the sun.

Go to BIOS and set the F11/F12 brightness to max first. Then the slider will have full range inside OSX.

Now the goal is to get the Fn/f8 and fn/pause keys to work with F11/F12 keys and we should be good.

If you go to to IOREG do you have AppleBacklightDisplay loaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back