Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, i have been reading the internet a bit regarding ML on u310 - i5 3317u on HM77 and i decided to give it a try. So far i managed to get touchpad/webcam/wifi(replaced - eddited bios)/lan/IGP/downstepping/ to work properly. I have not added any DSTDs(tried twice ikkokus and egarbage, failed to boot afterwards). I am having problems understanding how to get sleep, audio(in+out) and battery reading to work. Also i would like to patch my own DSTD but can`t find the text file to patch from. Am i missing a piece of the puzzle somewhere? Thanks.

sorry for this (kind-of) off-topic, but how's your battery life on OS X, and are you experiencing any performance or acpi issues?

I haven't tried putting the shield on the whole base. you can try and let us know the results.
AR9280 does not have BT. My router is on the opposite end of the house and 1 flight up. Speeds are fine.

easy to disassmble (for the 310 at least) pry open the 4 rubber feet and unscrew. You will break warranty if you open it up

Hi there. Can I ask you something? I am new to this and have a U310 Touch with the I5 IB processor, SSD 24gb and 500gb hard disk. I installed ML on the SSD using Unibeast and have stopped here due to some confusion.

-How do I use the macbookair5,1 smbios? It's not in the multibeast list. Should I use the mba5,2? Or also mbp8,1?
-Where is this SSDT file, which one should I use, how do I install it?
-I saw rehabman saying I shouldnt use someone elses dsdt? Is this correct and I shouldn't use the one you uploaded? What do I do here. A bit confused.
-How are you using your battery? Should I use the ACPIbatterymanager and ACPIPlatform from the link in the first pages? or use rehabman's newest acpibatterymanager?
-What is chameleonwizard used for? Can I use it if im using a chimera bootloader?

Basically I need help with DSDT, SSDT, and smbios because I have a vague understanding of it and what it's use for/where I install it. everything else I can figure out like audio/etc.

Thank you.

Hi there. Can I ask you something? I am new to this and have a U310 Touch with the I5 IB processor, SSD 24gb and 500gb hard disk. I installed ML on the SSD using Unibeast and have stopped here due to some confusion.

-How do I use the macbookair5,1 smbios? It's not in the multibeast list. Should I use the mba5,2? Or also mbp8,1?

You can use Chameleon Wizard or Champlist.

-Where is this SSDT file, which one should I use, how do I install it?

It is probably best to generate one with the ProBook Installer.

-I saw rehabman saying I shouldnt use someone elses dsdt? Is this correct and I shouldn't use the one you uploaded? What do I do here. A bit confused.

You definitely should not use a DSDT from another computer. It is always better to apply patches to your DSDT. And I'm pretty sure ikkoku's U310 is the model before the 'Touch'.

-How are you using your battery? Should I use the ACPIbatterymanager and ACPIPlatform from the link in the first pages? or use rehabman's newest acpibatterymanager?

I would not use a rollback of ACPIPlatform as it will disable Ivy power management. Use the latest version of mine and it will survive system updates (that's why I changed the name). I believe there are already DSDT patches for battery status for your model (in my laptop patch repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch)

-What is chameleonwizard used for? Can I use it if im using a chimera bootloader?

It is used to tweak bootloader parameters. Chimera is a branch/fork of Chameleon, so most options are compatible between the two.

Thank you so much Rehabman!

I used your mouse drivers and they work perfectly! I will use your battery fix and skip that other method then.

So, so you recommend using which smbios? And do I get these files from chameleon wizard?

Also, ssdt is generated my be and I don't need to change anything about it?

Lastly, can I use the dsdt for my computer that you linked? Or I need to add the patches like you said to my own? I don't know how to do that.

Im sorry for these noob questions. I am just lost by all of this. Thank you.

Thank you so much Rehabman!

I used your mouse drivers and they work perfectly! I will use your battery fix and skip that other method then.

So, so you recommend using which smbios? And do I get these files from chameleon wizard?

I think you want MacBookAir5,2, but it can depend on specifically which CPU you have (please fill out your profile with detailed info). You can use everymac.com to figure out these sort of things, by looking at the specs for actual Apple product.

Also, ssdt is generated my be and I don't need to change anything about it?

There have been cases where an SSDT for an i3 needs tweaks for Ivy PM, but not for i5... So again, it depends on the specific CPU you have.

Lastly, can I use the dsdt for my computer that you linked? Or I need to add the patches like you said to my own? I don't know how to do that.

Best to patch your own DSDT using patches. I linked DSDT patches which are applied to your native DSDT using MaciASL.

Im sorry for these noob questions. I am just lost by all of this. Thank you.

Be patient and persistent and you'll probably get it to work well...

BTW, I'm pretty sure I had the same laptop as you for a few days. I got most things to work, but never did get the laptop to sleep properly (screen would go black but laptop was locked up, fans still running). I ended up not liking a few things about the laptop (bouncy keyboard, noisy fan, lack of keyboard backlight), so I returned it before figuring it out. I think the problem with sleep may have been the unrecognized WiFi which was going to have to be replaced (as the Intel WiFi is not compatible with OS X). I never tried a different WiFi since that was going to involve removing the back which was going to void the warranty (stickers on the screws). It could also be a DSDT issue, which I never got a chance to really look at. Like I said though, there are DSDT patches which I believe will work on this model (I wrote them for a different but similar Lenovo...)

The other issue I ran into was early in the install. The one I had had both a small SSD (20GB?) and a hdd. I'm pretty sure the SSD is mSATA and the HDD is probably standard 2.5" SATA. I ran into a problem where Disk Utility was trying to automatically set it up as Fusion (which I didn't want) and it would hang trying to set it up. As it turns out, you can't use Disk Utility to set it up, instead you must do the partitioning in Terminal using 'diskutil'. I set the system up twice, once with Fusion and once just using the SSD as the system drive, so both ways work.

Also, when you install my VoodooPS2Controller, don't install the daemon (VoodooPS2Daemon). If you do the trackpad will be disabled at login because the daemon sees the touchscreen as an external mouse. I never had a chance to figure that one out either. There didn't seem an obvious way to tell a touchscreen apart from a mouse in the daemon code... Like I said though, I only had the laptop for about 48 hours.

Just got out of class so I have time to do this the rest of the day which is a good thing. I need to have this running by friday. So this is what I am about to do. Does this sound right rehabman?

-I already installed vanilla 10.8.4 onto the SSD. Ran into the same issue as you. Drives were highlighted in red with disk utility, and I didn't let correct it because I don't want to wipe out windows just yet. So I formatted it and partitioned with terminal. All went well. ML is now on the SSD and I can boot to it with the unibeast USB but only with the -x command. Not an issue once I put the bootloader on. (this is my second install I messed up the first so reinstalled)

-I have numerous drivers on a usb right now ready to go: latest multibeast, your trackpad and battery, kext utility, your generic usb3 driver, and a patched applehda and appleintelframebuffer that i suppose fixes sound and hdmi sound) Your USB3 driver allows usb3, usb2, and the webcam to work, correct? Should I check off the usb3 checkbox from inside multibeast or just use yours?

So once multibeast and drivers are in, then I proceed to load the macbookair 5,2 smbios, and create a ssdt with chameleon and just put that in the correct folder because I have an I5? That just leaves the dsdt I suppose and power management etc should all be working?

Thank you once again. Such a great help.

My processor is
-3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Generation Intel Core i5-3337U (1.80GHz 1600MHz 3MB)
-4gb ddr3 ram
-intel centrino wifi that i disabled in bios and am using bluetooth tether to iphone as well as a small realtek usb dongle for wifi.
-ethernet drivers idk what I should use, but it dousn't really matter as long as having no driver won't cause problems because I never use ethernet.

Main things important to me that I didn't get working last install are
-all usb's working 3.0 and 2.0 and webcam
-Brightness controls that don't move at a snail's pace if possible from my hardware buttons on keyboard.
-proper power management/sleep/etc

Just got out of class so I have time to do this the rest of the day which is a good thing. I need to have this running by friday. So this is what I am about to do. Does this sound right rehabman?

By friday, eh? That should be interesting...

-I already installed vanilla 10.8.4 onto the SSD. Ran into the same issue as you. Drives were highlighted in red with disk utility, and I didn't let correct it because I don't want to wipe out windows just yet. So I formatted it and partitioned with terminal. All went well. ML is now on the SSD and I can boot to it with the unibeast USB but only with the -x command. Not an issue once I put the bootloader on. (this is my second install I messed up the first so reinstalled)

First thing to do would be to implement power management and get the graphics working. That should get you booting from the HDD.

Start out with "User DSDT/DSDT Free", patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, and MacBookPro8,1 (you'll change it later).

-I have numerous drivers on a usb right now ready to go: latest multibeast, your trackpad and battery, kext utility, your generic usb3 driver, and a patched applehda and appleintelframebuffer that i suppose fixes sound and hdmi sound) Your USB3 driver allows usb3, usb2, and the webcam to work, correct? Should I check off the usb3 checkbox from inside multibeast or just use yours?

Be careful with pre-patched kexts, especially if you don't know they are from 10.8.4 (or whatever version you eventually plan to be on). It is really better to understand how they are created rather than have the end-result unless the version is a perfect match.

There is a patch inside the ProBook Installer for patching AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext, so you might want to look at that instead of using a pre-build kext. You can extract/look at it using Pacifist.

So once multibeast and drivers are in, then I proceed to load the macbookair 5,2 smbios, and create a ssdt with chameleon and just put that in the correct folder because I have an I5? That just leaves the dsdt I suppose and power management etc should all be working?

You should create your SSDT with the ProBook Installer (it has PikeRAlpha's script in it).
MacBookAir5,2 should be good. After you have that and the SSDT installed, make sure to set GenerateP/CStates=No and add DropSSDT=Yes to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. After you do that, you should have working Ivy power management.

By friday, eh? That should be interesting...

Lol. At least that's the hope for right now :)

First thing to do would be to implement power management and get the graphics working. That should get you booting from the HDD.

Start out with "User DSDT/DSDT Free", patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, and MacBookPro8,1 (you'll change it later).

OK. I am going to run multibeast right now and do this only.

Be careful with pre-patched kexts, especially if you don't know they are from 10.8.4 (or whatever version you eventually plan to be on). It is really better to understand how they are created rather than have the end-result unless the version is a perfect match.

There is a patch inside the ProBook Installer for patching AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext, so you might want to look at that instead of using a pre-build kext. You can extract/look at it using Pacifist.

I didn't know that. OK, I will download and use probook installer for this.

You should create your SSDT with the ProBook Installer (it has PikeRAlpha's script in it).
MacBookAir5,2 should be good. After you have that and the SSDT installed, make sure to set GenerateP/CStates=No and add DropSSDT=Yes to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. After you do that, you should have working Ivy power management.

OK. Any specific things I should know in creating the SSDT with probook installer or just have at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back