Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is best to extract your own DSDT and apply patches to make things work. Using a DSDT from a different computer is a bad idea.

Understandable. I'm happy to extract my own for you to take a look at if you'd like. I assume I will need to delete the one I used in order to extract my clean DSDT?

I might actually end up just getting a USB doggle for my WiFi for now.

Understandable. I'm happy to extract my own for you to take a look at if you'd like. I assume I will need to delete the one I used in order to extract my clean DSDT?

I might actually end up just getting a USB doggle for my WiFi for now.

I may have a chance to look at it later, so please post the native DSDT and the patched DSDT that you've been using. I can do a diff and see what patches may have been applied to the patched one. Even better would be if you have the native DSDT on which the patched DSDT was created from.

I may have a chance to look at it later, so please post the native DSDT and the patched DSDT that you've been using. I can do a diff and see what patches may have been applied to the patched one. Even better would be if you have the native DSDT on which the patched DSDT was created from.

Much appreciated! I attached a ZIP with three files.

"DSDT_patched.aml" is the current DSDT file I am using.
"DSDT.aml/DSDT.dsl" are what Chameleon Wizard spit out once I moved the patched DSDT out of the "Extra" folder.

Not sure if I needed to reboot after moving the DSDT.aml file I was using. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where the original DSDT patch came from as I just used what egarbage had posted. Works perfectly fine thus far, haven't had any issues yet.

*Just a quick hardware note: I turned on GraphicsEnabler and it looks like it works fine. No issues.

Attachments

• dsdt.zip
    68.3 KB · Views: 84
Accidental dupe post. :(

Attachments

• dsdt.zip
    68.3 KB · Views: 89
Attached is a zip with 3 DSDT files. "DSDT_patched.aml" is what I'm currently using whereas the other two files are what Chameleon Wizard spit out once I removed DSDT.aml from my Extras folder. Note that I did not restart the computer after moving the DSDT out since I didn't want to get stuck out of OSX.

Not sure where the original patch came from. I just used what egarbage had posted. Works great thus far.

You must boot without a DSDT to get native DSDT.

If you don't want to do that, extract the native DSDT in Linux. See here for instructions: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

You must boot without a DSDT to get native DSDT.

If you don't want to do that, extract the native DSDT in Linux. See here for instructions: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

Now we're talking! :)

I'll boot from my Ubuntu drive when I get home and get it extracted for you.

EDIT: When I ran the terminal command, this is what I got "wrong checksum for fadt". I'm going to try DSDT Editor as it sounds like just moving the DSDT.aml from the Extras folder will give you a clean one.

EDIT #2: Attached is the one that DSDT Editor extracted when I moved the DSDT I had been using. *Attachement removed*

EDIT #3: Ok, here's the dsdt.aml determined by Ubuntu using the second method you posted on that link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/27k8x5qf0fjg8ah/dsdt.aml

Just a quick update here. I've been using the U310 all night for the first time since installing ML and there's only one issue that I've found to be frustrating; my USB mouse switches between working perfectly fine to being jumpy and erratic. It'll switch back and forth with no real warning. I've got your (Rehabman) Voodoo PS2 kext installed. I've been using my mouse with my computer lid shut (so closed clamshell).

EDIT: And now I know what you meant about patching your own DSDT. I definitely think the mouse "jerkiness" is due to the graphics card not being properly patched. I did a few tests and graphics intensive tasks seem to provoke the issue. Using GIMP, watching a slideshow, even bringing up the Launchpad all seem to show some issues. I have GraphicsEnabler on but I'm assuming that it's probably not working properly. I did do Diff Checker on the two DSDT files (the clean, native DSDT and the DSDT I'm using). Very interesting to see the edits although I'm not 100% sure on what they all mean.

Just a quick update here. I've been using the U310 all night for the first time since installing ML and there's only one issue that I've found to be frustrating; my USB mouse switches between working perfectly fine to being jumpy and erratic. It'll switch back and forth with no real warning. I've got your (Rehabman) Voodoo PS2 kext installed. I've been using my mouse with my computer lid shut (so closed clamshell).

EDIT: And now I know what you meant about patching your own DSDT. I definitely think the mouse "jerkiness" is due to the graphics card not being properly patched. I did a few tests and graphics intensive tasks seem to provoke the issue. Using GIMP, watching a slideshow, even bringing up the Launchpad all seem to show some issues. I have GraphicsEnabler on but I'm assuming that it's probably not working properly. I did do Diff Checker on the two DSDT files (the clean, native DSDT and the DSDT I'm using). Very interesting to see the edits although I'm not 100% sure on what they all mean.

I was looking at the diffs as well. It is a little difficult to determine what are the real edits and what were differences in the original native DSDTs (that's why you really want a native DSDT that the patched one was based).

But certainly, there are recognizable patches in there. I would apply the recognizable ones (the _DSM methods, PNLF, IRQ fixes, etc.) to your raw DSDT and then see what happens.

And you can definitely tell that there are differences in the battery methods, and they are not of the variety you expect for patches to make OS X battery detection work (EC fields greater than 8-bit). They were probably differences in the original DSDT or could be just bad edits. I've patched quite a few DSDTs for battery, and it is very rare to find real bugs in the DSDT, so some of those edits are questionable, IMO...

The graphics patch looks OK though, for HD3000. Standard snb-platform-id inject + GFX0->IGPU rename.

I was looking at the diffs as well. It is a little difficult to determine what are the real edits and what were differences in the original native DSDTs (that's why you really want a native DSDT that the patched one was based).

But certainly, there are recognizable patches in there. I would apply the recognizable ones (the _DSM methods, PNLF, IRQ fixes, etc.) to your raw DSDT and then see what happens.

And you can definitely tell that there are differences in the battery methods, and they are not of the variety you expect for patches to make OS X battery detection work (EC fields greater than 8-bit). They were probably differences in the original DSDT or could be just bad edits. I've patched quite a few DSDTs for battery, and it is very rare to find real bugs in the DSDT, so some of those edits are questionable, IMO...

The graphics patch looks OK though, for HD3000. Standard snb-platform-id inject + GFX0->IGPU rename.

Interesting. Glad you were able to take a look! I'll make those changes tonight and see what happens. This may be a stupid question since they're the same family but I have the HD4000, not the HD3000. Any difference patch wise?

Interesting. Glad you were able to take a look! I'll make those changes tonight and see what happens. This may be a stupid question since they're the same family but I have the HD4000, not the HD3000. Any difference patch wise?

Yes, IGPU patch is different. Selecting ig-platform-id instead of snb-platform-id. But perhaps you are using bootloader options to select ig-platform-id?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back