Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, can you tell me what’s working and what’s not? ‘cause i’m thinking to install...

Edit: I finally got Mojave installed using a generic UHD 630 config.plist

I tried to then use the config.plist and files listed on pages 2-4 of this thread but it will not boot with those config.plist so I have to use my USB to boot back in and swap out the config files again so I can get back into Mojave.

The main differences between my 330 laptop and the original poster is that I have no dedicated GPU and only an UDH 620 (UHD 630 config is working and what I used to install Mojave) running at 1366x768 instead of original posters 1920x1080, and my CPU is an 8130U (2 core 4 thread) instead of an 8250U (4 core 8 thread). Other than that I believe they are exactly the same.

I attached the EFI I used to install Mojave and that I also use to recover while testing other config.plist files.

Brightness, sound, wireless, touchpad all are NOT working.
If anyone else can point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Thanks.

Attachments

• Lenovo Ideapad 330 Hackintosh Initial Install EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 459
Last edited:
Since it’s the only problem left, it should be easier to focus on that issue.

We will fix it tonight or tomorrow, i will send you new files for testing so you can post problem reporting files and i will patch your I2C correctly to fix your touchpad.
Please send me this file i have same configuration laptop

@Sniki can you please share the installation guide? I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15-IKB and I want to install OS X on it in dual boot with Windows.

Edit: I finally got Mojave installed using a generic UHD 630 config.plist

I tried to then use the config.plist and files listed on pages 2-4 of this thread but it will not boot with those config.plist so I have to use my USB to boot back in and swap out the config files again so I can get back into Mojave.

The main differences between my 330 laptop and the original poster is that I have no dedicated GPU and only an UDH 620 (UHD 630 config is working and what I used to install Mojave) running at 1366x768 instead of original posters 1920x1080, and my CPU is an 8130U (2 core 4 thread) instead of an 8250U (4 core 8 thread). Other than that I believe they are exactly the same.

I attached the EFI I used to install Mojave and that I also use to recover while testing other config.plist files.

Brightness, sound, wireless, touchpad all are NOT working.
If anyone else can point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Thanks.
brightness can probably be fixed by installing the ACPIBacklight.kext, you can try that. Mind that the buttons on your keyboard may not be working properly.
Do you know what your sound codec is? It can easily be fixed if you know the right one (alcXXX)
Wireless will probably be impossible, since you'll have an intel wifi card, right? If so, you'll need to replace that with another card, or use a wifi dongle, or tether wifi via your smartphone (for android, it can be handy to look at the horndis.kext)
What kind of touchpad do you have? It'll need dsdt patching. I might be able to help you with that

You could help me make the Macintosh in my notebook, the same model. I'm having a hard time

is there a guide I can follow, I have this same laptop and would like to install macOS

Hi all, I have been working on my own similarly specd machine (Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB 81DE) and I have managed to get things mostly working, @Sniki if you could please help me with my touch pad, it is working (Slightly) i.e. no gestures, and when I take my finger off the pad the mouse continues to move. @nvkay if you are still trying to get your machine to work too feel free to check my archive.

otherwise everything except WiFi is working which sadly I know never will (intel Wifi).

Please see my attached EFI Archive

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 452
Last edited:
Hi!
I have the ideapad 330s-15IKB 81f5 and I was looking to hackintosh my pc but I cannot find a proper config.plist, if someone of you guys could help me I would be very grateful, this .plist is driving me crazy

Hey, wich CPU and GPU use your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back