Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 330s as well and this applies to this model as well, pretty much the same laptop

@Sniki Hi - I am hoping you can help. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 330s-15IKB-81F500NSUS and I have audio and wifi/bluetooth working at this point. I have also created a custom SSDT for my USB ports, which are working well. Right now, I am trying to fix brightness control, the trackpad and battery monitoring.

I haven't attempted to fix the brightness yet. For the trackpad, I have installed VoodooI2C.kext, VoodooI2CHID.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext (though I think VoodooPS2Controller.kext was part of RehabMan's laptop booting configuration) into /Library/Extensions. I have tried patching my DSDT in MaciASL with the [Controllers] I2C Controllers [SKL] and the [GPIO] GPIO Controller Enable [SK+] patches. When I try to compile, I get the error14544 6126 syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SCOPE, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File.

For the battery, I have tried creating a DSDT patch based no RehabMan's DSDT patching guide. I have not applied it as I am not sure how, and I also do not think it is entirely correct.

I have attached my DSDT and battery patch file patch, as well as all the problem reporting files. Could you take a look and see if I am on the right path, and possibly help out? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 234
@Sniki Hi - I am hoping you can help. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 330s-15IKB-81F500NSUS and I have audio and wifi/bluetooth working at this point. I have also created a custom SSDT for my USB ports, which are working well. Right now, I am trying to fix brightness control, the trackpad and battery monitoring.

I haven't attempted to fix the brightness yet. For the trackpad, I have installed VoodooI2C.kext, VoodooI2CHID.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext (though I think VoodooPS2Controller.kext was part of RehabMan's laptop booting configuration) into /Library/Extensions. I have tried patching my DSDT in MaciASL with the [Controllers] I2C Controllers [SKL] and the [GPIO] GPIO Controller Enable [SK+] patches. When I try to compile, I get the error14544 6126 syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SCOPE, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File.

For the battery, I have tried creating a DSDT patch based no RehabMan's DSDT patching guide. I have not applied it as I am not sure how, and I also do not think it is entirely correct.

I have attached my DSDT and battery patch file patch, as well as all the problem reporting files. Could you take a look and see if I am on the right path, and possibly help out? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Update:
  • I have brightness working, just haven't mapped it to the function keys yet.
  • Battery status is working.
  • Trackpad still not working. I uninstalled VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext so that I can start fresh on this issue. When I installed them and tried to use the [Controllers] I2C Controllers [SKL] and the [GPIO] GPIO Controller Enable [SK+] patches to patch my DSDT, I was unable to compile (error 14544 6126 syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SCOPE, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File)
  • HDMI audio not working
  • Closing the lid to sleep

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 178
Hi all, can @karindaddy or @nvkay share the complete EFI/CLOVER folder for your 330-15ikb build ? I happen to have the same notebook, but so far trackpad, sound, wifi network, battery and a few minor features are not working.
Thanks in advance!

@nvkay Hi
Is your notebook fully functional on Mojave? Would you be kind enough to share your EFI/CLOVER folder with me and also your /L/E folder?
I have a notebook just like yours, but the sound, the trackpad and the wifi network are not working and this is really bothering me.
Thanks in advance.

@Sniki Hi

I also have an Ideapad 330, just like @nvkay and I was wondering if you still have the config.plist you sent her some time ago and also the audio stuff you made available on your github project (I see it was removed from there!). Would you be kind enough to send me those files?
Thanks in advance.

BTW, wonderful guide you wrote for the ideapd v330! One of the best I have ever used!

Discrete GPU is not disabled therefore no brightness control expected, it also does brake the rest of the SSDT-V330.aml, i did create separate SSDTs for easier troubleshooting then once we fix everything i will create separate SSDT-330.aml

I created the USB Injector according to your IOReg, i also did create the SSDT to disable Discrete GPU.

Remove everything from EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched and place the attached SSDTs (all of them)

Also use the attached config.plist as well.

Report back with results and problem reporting if any issues left.

I have the exact same machine config as @nvkay but I am not able to get audio working properly.

Headphones connected to the laptop do not sound properly. Internal Microphone does not work.

I used the config.plist attached and all the SSDTs are placed in patched folder.

Any suggestions?

Any updates about trackpad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back