Contribute
Register

Lenovo G470

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a dumb question, one should install the kexts before applying DSDTs files?, is it alright to install the DSDT using multibeast? and finally the SSDT.aml, what is its purpose?

Hi archintosh,

Does your patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (10.7.2) works with the VGA connector of laptop or it just only works with HDMI port.?

With my DSDT (attached), battery and sound is not working but laptop's keyboard and trackpad is working fine.

Also I tried your DSDT (for patched AppleHDA), my laptop's keyboard and trackpad stopped working. Other things like sound, battery etc are working fine.

Not sure how to fix this. Please help.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    38 KB · Views: 150
sober700 said:
i have a dumb question, one should install the kexts before applying DSDTs files?, is it alright to install the DSDT using multibeast? and finally the SSDT.aml, what is its purpose?
SSDT is for CPU's speedstepping and turbo boost.

sag_vivek said:
Hi archintosh,

Does your patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (10.7.2) works with the VGA connector of laptop or it just only works with HDMI port.?

With my DSDT (attached), battery and sound is not working but laptop's keyboard and trackpad is working fine.

Also I tried your DSDT (for patched AppleHDA), my laptop's keyboard and trackpad stopped working. Other things like sound, battery etc are working fine.

Not sure how to fix this. Please help.

Thanks
VGA connector and also HDMI, but one connector at the time (of course).

My DSDT is Okay, keyboard and touchpad are okay, compare your 'Device (MSS0), Device (MMS1), Device (MSS2), Device (MSS3) and Device (PS2K)' with mine and your 'Device (HDEF)' is different from the DSDT that I use with patched AppleHDA.

archintosh said:
My DSDT is Okay, keyboard and touchpad are okay, compare your 'Device (MSS0), Device (MMS1), Device (MSS2), Device (MSS3) and Device (PS2K)' with mine and your 'Device (HDEF)' is different from the DSDT that I use with patched AppleHDA.

I tried merging the fixes in your DSDT for keyboard and trackpad but no luck (also don't have MSS3 in my DSDT). :banghead:

I also tried applying the fixes in my DSDT(since it has working keyboard n' mouse), sound came up and working now. :thumbup:

Please tell me what exactly you patched for fixing battery and display (vga connector), I'll try to apply the same in my DSDT.

I tried merging the fixes in your DSDT for keyboard and trackpad but no luck (also don't have MSS3 in my DSDT). :banghead:
Check your /S/L/E folder, make sure you have kexts for keyboard and touchpad. And why don't you try to extract a fresh DSDT for your system? Make a backup of your DSDT first, delete it from your /E/E, restart and use DSDT tools to extract a new and fresh DSDT to start with.

@archintosh

Did patching from scratch, all is working fine now except the display from VGA connector. Could you please mention what to patch for this to work.

I already renamed GFX0 to IGPU and added the following to Device (IGPU)

Code:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "AAPL,snb-platform-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00
                        }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-2"
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }

Thanks for all your help.

You just need to install the patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext to /S/L/E, rebuild cache, restart. Connect your ext monitor to your VGA connector and detect displays.

I installed Lion on my G470 with an i3 2310m and was having issues with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. Installing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext solved my kernel panic problems.

What files should be edited to enable AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to work with my i3 instead of an i5? Only the SSDT file?

archintosh, almost everything is working ok on my lenovo g470 i5 (exact same as yours) but when trying to connect via VGA or HDMI it doesn't detect any additional displays, other than installing the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext is there something more to do for it to work?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back