Contribute
Register

Lenovo G470

Status
Not open for further replies.
devil6666 said:
I installed Lion on my G470 with an i3 2310m and was having issues with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. Installing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext solved my kernel panic problems.

What files should be edited to enable AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to work with my i3 instead of an i5? Only the SSDT file?
Try this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=258611&st=0

sober700 said:
archintosh, almost everything is working ok on my lenovo g470 i5 (exact same as yours) but when trying to connect via VGA or HDMI it doesn't detect any additional displays, other than installing the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext is there something more to do for it to work?.

I use the same AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB, HDMI and VGA are working. Have you tried to press 'Detect Displays' on Display preferences?

archintosh said:
sober700 said:
archintosh, almost everything is working ok on my lenovo g470 i5 (exact same as yours) but when trying to connect via VGA or HDMI it doesn't detect any additional displays, other than installing the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext is there something more to do for it to work?.

I use the same AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB, HDMI and VGA are working. Have you tried to press 'Detect Displays' on Display preferences?

yeah, that's exactly what i press (being connected via VGA to a monitor), then it freezes 2 seconds and nothing happens, maybe i need to install some other kexts which you uploaded, in fact i didn't install your AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext 'cause i was worried it could screw my current lion installation.

sober700 said:
yeah, that's exactly what i press (being connected via VGA to a monitor), then it freezes 2 seconds and nothing happens, maybe i need to install some other kexts which you uploaded, in fact i didn't install your AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext 'cause i was worried it could screw my current lion installation.
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is needed for speedstepping, it won't screw your Lion, it will enable native power management. Do you use my DSDT?

archintosh said:
sober700 said:
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is needed for speedstepping, it won't screw your Lion, it will enable native power management. Do you use my DSDT?

yes, the first thing after installed lion 10.7.2 was overwrite (via windows using a software which enables mac partitions for editing) the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext to the extentions folder because it gets stuck on the apple logo without your intel graphics kext.

then i installed (via kext helper) the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (again, 'cause after copied from windows it won't recognize full resolution), VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3.kext and Vodoobattery.kext. After that i did overwrite my org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist with yours (after restart it recognize my hackintosh as a macbook pro).

after that i restarted and gain full resolution, then installed (via multibeast) your DSDT.aml for vodoohda and gain both wifi and battery percentage (didn't install your SSDT.aml).

that's all i did and everything it's working except for sleep/wake and vga/hdmi out, ethernet port (didn't installed your AtherosL1cEthernet.kext 'cause it didn't worked on prior installation tries) and it does recognize my pc as a Mac Pro (the desktop one), also sometimes i get display glitches (like lines in my screen) but it's not too often.

Screen artefacts (lines or garbage) are (sometimes) also found in real macbook pro that uses intel HD3000 vga (mbp8,1), hopefully they will fix it in the next 10.7.3. I suggest you to patch your appleIntelCPUPowerManagement using speedstepper patch or use the one that already patched to get rid of nullCPUPowerManagement, that's the only way to enable sleep/wake and speedstepping.

It seems Revogirl had found a way to fix Intel HD3000 screen artifacts (lines and garbage characters on screen). Credits to Revogirl, please read here: http://revogirl.wordpress.com/2012/01/28/patching-the-intel-hd3000-vram-size/

Here I attached AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext that uses 384mb VRAM.with 384MB.zip

Update Jan 30, 2012:
Turned out that patching AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext alone was not able to get rid of screen artifacts. So I combined it with patched AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext n' use MBP8,2 smbios.plist.

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (/S/L/E) and MBP8,2 smbios.plist (/E/E):
Jan 30, 2012.zip
Read here: http://revogirl.wordpress.com/2012/01/29/about-vrammethod-and-vramsize-properties/

Hi!
I patched my system with AppleHDA.kext and DSDT patched for the kext, but the mic doesn't work. The system recognized the mic but i can't use. ¿Any suggestions?

Thx for advanced

(Sorry for my english)

I'm still working on it. ;)

archintosh said:
It seems Revogirl had found a way to fix Intel HD3000 screen artifacts (lines and garbage characters on screen). Credits to Revogirl, please read here: http://revogirl.wordpress.com/2012/01/28/patching-the-intel-hd3000-vram-size/

Here I attached AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext that uses 384mb VRAM.with 384MB.zip

Update Jan 30, 2012:
Turned out that patching AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext alone was not able to get rid of screen artifacts. So I combined it with patched AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext n' use MBP8,2 smbios.plist.

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (/S/L/E) and MBP8,2 smbios.plist (/E/E):
Jan 30, 2012.zip
Read here: http://revogirl.wordpress.com/2012/01/29/about-vrammethod-and-vramsize-properties/

interesting, i'm got black screen....so i fight about 2 month with hd3000, but no luck...i'm tryin do it tomorrow :D

P.S. here is my topic :headbang:
viewtopic.php?f=170&t=38466

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back