Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR5
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi,
First laptop attempt, I have a Dell Latitude e6510 laptop, 320 HD, 4GB Ram, trying to install Mountain Lion with Unibeast, created a usb with laptop support...but I can't get to the installer because it hangs on the apple screen....

tried -v and the last line says

PCI configuration begin

tried npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000 and neither work

anybody...please? thank you!

Last edited:
Hi,
First laptop attempt, I have a Dell Latitude e6510 laptop, 320 HD, 4GB Ram, trying to install Mountain Lion with Unibeast, created a usb with laptop support...but I can't get to the installer because it hangs on the apple screen....

tried -v and the last line says

PCI configuration begin

tried npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000 and neither work

anybody...please? thank you!

No hardware details in your profile...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I did read the FAQ, I don't have a copy of Windows on this machine because the HD was corrupt. I have a new blank HD in there, so I can't do CPU-Z...The info in my profile is what I found from the BIOS..trying to install mountain lion with chimera

Last edited:
I did read the FAQ, I don't have a copy of Windows on this machine because the HD was corrupt. I have a new blank HD in there, so I can't do CPU-Z...The info in my profile is what I found from the BIOS..trying to install mountain lion with chimera

I would not recommend Chimera at this point (Clover is much better).
No ideas for you without hardware specifications.

I would not recommend Chimera at this point (Clover is much better).
No ideas for you without hardware specifications.

ok, I took a HD from another Windows machine, put it in this laptop, and added more info to the profile, as much as I know...as well as additional info..if it doesnt show there, I'll repeat it here as well

Intel (R) 5 series 6 port SATA AHCI Controller
Intel i5 M580
Intel 5 series/3400 series chipset family SMBUS Controller 3B30
Intel R QM57 Express Chipset LPC Interface Controller 3B07
1366x768 Integrated Graphics

I'm trying to follow along with your Clover laptop page but NOTHING makes any sense to me. I have successfully built 3 desktops with Chimera and I have no idea what is happening reading through all that Clover laptop stuff....

Please....so far I've added Clover to the USB and am now trying to copy the kexts

ok, I took a HD from another Windows machine, put it in this laptop, and added more info to the profile, as much as I know...as well as additional info..if it doesnt show there, I'll repeat it here as well

Intel (R) 5 series 6 port SATA AHCI Controller
Intel i5 M580
Intel 5 series/3400 series chipset family SMBUS Controller 3B30
Intel R QM57 Express Chipset LPC Interface Controller 3B07
1366x768 Integrated Graphics

I'm trying to follow along with your Clover laptop page but NOTHING makes any sense to me. I have successfully built 3 desktops with Chimera and I have no idea what is happening reading through all that Clover laptop stuff....

Please....so far I've added Clover to the USB and am now trying to copy the kexts

Make sure you read the part regarding Arrandale graphics.

Make sure you read the part regarding Arrandale graphics.

went into BIOS and chose UEFI and made USB the boot location....hit F12 on startup, UEFI boot is there with usb option....choose it and it keeps cycling back to the same screen, keep, re-choosing usb option...obviously choosing legacy option crashes and restarts computer because I made a UEFI USB....

why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back