Contribute
Register

Latitude e6510 hangs on apple Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
went into BIOS and chose UEFI and made USB the boot location....hit F12 on startup, UEFI boot is there with usb option....choose it and it keeps cycling back to the same screen, keep, re-choosing usb option...obviously choosing legacy option crashes and restarts computer because I made a UEFI USB....

why?

Your laptop has UEFI or not?
You did not attach "Problem Reporting" files (as per FAQ).

Your laptop has UEFI or not?
You did not attach "Problem Reporting" files (as per FAQ).
Ok I made the USB with the MBR Partition and it loaded!
but...you were right about the Arrandale, because the boot loader doesnt show, just the initial clover screen
-tried all your coding ideas here

# temporary directory
mkdir /tmp/install_esd

# mount InstallESD.dmg in installer package
hdiutil attach "/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg" -readonly -mountpoint /tmp/install_esd -nobrowse

# restore it to target
sudo asr restore -source /tmp/install_esd/BaseSystem.dmg -target /Volumes/install_osx -erase -format HFS+ -noprompt

# rename the target to be less unwieldy
diskutil rename "OS X Base System" install_osx

# remove Packages symlink
rm /Volumes/install_osx/System/Installation/Packages

# copy Packages as folder
cp -a /tmp/install_esd/Packages /Volumes/install_osx/System/Installation

# copy BaseSystem.dmg
cp -a /tmp/install_esd/BaseSystem.dmg /tmp/install_esd/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/install_osx

# unmount InstallESD.dmg
hdiutil detach /tmp/install_esd

# remove temporary directory
rmdir /tmp/install_esd

but at this step.....
it says no such volume found....or file doesnt exist or something like that....everything just stopped at this point..why?

but at this step.....
it says no such volume found....or file doesnt exist or something like that....everything just stopped at this point..why?

Unfortunately, I'm not clairvoyant.

You would need to provide details: Version of OS X. Actual error messages. And what you find at /Volumes, /Volumes/install_osx, /Volumes/install_osx/System, /Volumes/install_osx/System/Installation

I have no idea what I'm doing or what all that stuff even means on your Clover laptop page, that's why I guess I'm not giving you enough details.
I am trying to load Mavericks, and followed your guide for the Mavericks install. That all went well because the laptop now boots to the clover intro screen. When I click install os x, it goes to a blank screen. So that's why I tried to punch in all your codes there in Terminal. Here's where I'm at in the pic in Terminal...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 10.35.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 10.35.20 AM.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I have no idea what I'm doing or what all that stuff even means on your Clover laptop page, that's why I guess I'm not giving you enough details.
I am trying to load Mavericks, and followed your guide for the Mavericks install. That all went well because the laptop now boots to the clover intro screen. When I click install os x, it goes to a blank screen. So that's why I tried to punch in all your codes there in Terminal. Here's where I'm at in the pic in Terminal...

With asr, use --source, --target, etc (as you see in asr help).

But man, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say that!!
I see asr in Terminal but what are you talking about?

Read the guide.
Use copy/paste for the Terminal commands.

Ok.....
Built Clover again as MBR and legacy, set BIOS to UEFI,followed all your kexts, etc...used the plist you reccomended for mavericks because i am installing mavericks..built the installer with basebinaries this time so that i could remove the graphics texts....everything should be fine at this point

But installer is going to black screen after choosing it at Clover welcome screen...attached is the kernel panic in verbose mode
And if I boot Legacy, it goes to apple screen and then immediately to a prohibited sign

Attachments

• 20170414_205753.jpg
    20170414_205753.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Ok.....
Built Clover again as MBR and legacy, set BIOS to UEFI,followed all your kexts, etc...used the plist you reccomended for mavericks because i am installing mavericks..built the installer with basebinaries this time so that i could remove the graphics texts....everything should be fine at this point

But installer is going to black screen after choosing it at Clover welcome screen...attached is the kernel panic in verbose mode
And if I boot Legacy, it goes to apple screen and then immediately to a prohibited sign

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back