Graphics
PNY nvidia GeForce 640
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you install the most recent OS X Mavericks update your Nvidia 331.01.01 driver will be disabled. This is *not* an issue with your hardware, it is because the Nvidia driver looks for OS X to be build 13C64, and this latest update changes the build number to 13C1021. Don't worry, just sit tight and wait for Nvidia to get their act together and compile their driver for this latest OS X build...the built-in OS X Nvidia driver works just fine.

Cheers,

niteFlight

I can confirm this

Just updated to the latest security update and the web driver is incompatible.

if by chance you are reading this post *after* installing said patch, are your only two options

1) wait for nvidia fix
2) reinstall OSX

?

By some reason I lost connection with my main monitor after the update, it pops in sometimes and is flickering like hell. The option to switch to the OSX driver is greyed out in the web driver prefs panel but I guess that does not matter since the system overrules it. So I did a uninstall and nothing changed.
Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get back to normal, like everything was before Installed the web-driver?
My graphics card is Gigabyte 760 OC. At the moment the only thing behaving is the internal grapichs card on my Gigabyte Z87X OC Mobo (HD4600).

UPDATE:

I feel kinda stupid as it turns out it was a poor connection with the cable that was causing it and I felt like I had checked it well enough, but I guess not. any way, there is no real issue here.

if by chance you are reading this post *after* installing said patch, are your only two options

1) wait for nvidia fix
2) reinstall OSX

?

I had the same problem thinking a security update wouldn't affect graphics driver. Don't worry, there's an easy fix - change the version number back to '13C64' in /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist . you'll prolly want to make a copy of that file just in case (no idea what but it's good practice).

I'm running a 780Ti so i *need* to use the web drivers. Luckily i have a dual boot so i changed the number in Windows and booted back up in OS X. No issues so far... If you can't have a dual boot you could log in from another machine remotely via VNC or whatever you have set up to remote login and change it that way.

Luckily I dual boot as well, How exactly did you change the file number through windows?
Or a better question how did you excess your OSX files through windows to do so?

Luckily I dual boot as well, How exactly did you change the file number through windows?
Or a better question how did you excess your OSX files through windows to do so?

I have the same question! :D

Ahh, forgot about the drive mounting thing.. I use Macdrive - http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive

Paragon would work as TonyMac mentioned. Both have free trials. I just happened to come across MacDrive 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back