Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo E550 Laptop Mobo + Clover UEFI
CPU
Core i3 Skylake
Graphics
Intel HD 4400
I recently created a bootable USB with Catalina and got the OS running OK on my desktop, I want to install it on a laptop that I have for portability purposes, all the specs say it should run fine. Got the usb to boot into clover and keep trying different flags and such but it always stops at plus signs———— Lenovo E550 core i3 8gb ram————should mention I followed bios settings guide

Attachments

• 5530665F-EC9D-4A8C-A25D-CCF8805F7652.jpeg
    5530665F-EC9D-4A8C-A25D-CCF8805F7652.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 62
You may want to compare what you've done so far against this guide. Specifically, any differences in initial kexts required to boot, config.plist, etc.

You may want to compare what you've done so far against this guide. Specifically, any differences in initial kexts required to boot, config.plist, etc.
I tried(Because it is a new OS and that guide is for an old OS to merge the config.plist of my working pc Catalina installer with the one shown in the article because with the config.plist from that article I get this problem but with config.plist that I had based on tonymacx86 clover for OS 10.15.3 With his build I get past the plus signs but then I get a reboot every single time for some reason. With merged I get first Problem. Here is the merged config.plist
I will also show my bios settings:
Network>
UEFI IPv6 Enabled
UEFI IPV4 Enabled
Boot Priority IPv4 First
USB>
USB 3 Disabled
Power>
Speed Step Disabled
CPU Power Management Disabled
CPU>
Multi-Processing Enabled
Hyper Threading Enabled
Security>
Mem Execution Prevention Enabled
Virtualization Disabled
Secure Boot Disabled
Startup>
UEFI Only
CSM Yes

EDIT1: Seems I got it working going past plus sign by injecting kexts and such in clover UEFI but now its restarting again. PLS If anyone knows this laptop HELP!!!
Frustrating cause all the hardware says it should work

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I tried(Because it is a new OS and that guide is for an old OS to merge the config.plist of my working pc Catalina installer with the one shown in the article because with the config.plist from that article I get this problem but with config.plist that I had based on tonymacx86 clover for OS 10.15.3 With his build I get past the plus signs but then I get a reboot every single time for some reason. With merged I get first Problem. Here is the merged config.plist
I will also show my bios settings:
Network>
UEFI IPv6 Enabled
UEFI IPV4 Enabled
Boot Priority IPv4 First
USB>
USB 3 Disabled
Power>
Speed Step Disabled
CPU Power Management Disabled
CPU>
Multi-Processing Enabled
Hyper Threading Enabled
Security>
Mem Execution Prevention Enabled
Virtualization Disabled
Secure Boot Disabled
Startup>
UEFI Only
CSM Yes

If you press space at the Clover boot screen, you can tell Clover to not reboot when it encounters a kernel panic error (which is probably what happens right before your reboot). That will at least give you some information about what went wrong so you can troubleshoot further.

So:

1. switch back to the config.plist that gets you past your pluses
2. tell Clover not to reboot after a kernel panic
3. take a photo of the kernel panic that appears when you try to boot

ok Idid a fresh install of clover on usb and also checked to see if it would boot beforehand and restart and it does not let me show you since can't find anything for this online
Update on progress: Used the original Kext for the build then changed the clover settings based on the one at booted and shut down now I get this

Attachments

• D709123A-DFC0-4E00-BB57-2FA8DF1A6026.jpeg
    D709123A-DFC0-4E00-BB57-2FA8DF1A6026.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 58
ok Idid a fresh install of clover on usb and also checked to see if it would boot beforehand and restart and it does not let me show you since can't find anything for this online
Update on progress: Used the original Kext for the build then changed the clover settings based on the one at booted and shut down now I get this
have a search for - still waiting for root device

have a search for - still waiting for root device
I managed to install it just a few hours ago following the guide that is linked in the E550 guide and using the intel hd 4400 config.plist from the other post seemed to work but now I can install fine graphics work but rest of the Lenovo guide for getting and installing patches doesn't work for some reason and so when I restart my computer after installingclover to the hdd and all the kexts and such used in install it does not boot stops working. retried installer multiple times and always stops differently, I think it has something to do with patches no installing properly, particularly battery management so now I will try with older RehabMan clover and see if the patches will install. If not is there anyway to install patches differently than the guide listed? couldn't find anything about this issue

I managed to install it just a few hours ago following the guide that is linked in the E550 guide and using the intel hd 4400 config.plist from the other post seemed to work but now I can install fine graphics work but rest of the Lenovo guide for getting and installing patches doesn't work for some reason and so when I restart my computer after installingclover to the hdd and all the kexts and such used in install it does not boot stops working. retried installer multiple times and always stops differently, I think it has something to do with patches no installing properly, particularly battery management so now I will try with older RehabMan clover and see if the patches will install. If not is there anyway to install patches differently than the guide listed? couldn't find anything about this issue
older clover will not work

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

older clover will not work

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
Just Updated them Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back