Graphics
XFX Radeon HD6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, I've just successfully got my desktop hackintosh working 100% and am really pleased with it. It's opened up a lot of opportunities with software relating to my line of work. So I'm now attempting to get Yosemite on my laptop.

I started by just creating a unibeast usb with laptop support selected, and have tried this. I've made sure secure boot and everything like that in the bios is disabled. I've tried a few of the obvious boot flags like IGPEnabler, graphicsenabler and -x, but every time I try and boot the installer it gets stuck at the IOBluetooth stuff (see attached photo).

I know from experience that this is the last line before graphics so I'm 70% sure it's a grahics related issue. Anyone got any ideas?

-Charlie

My specs are:
i5 mobile
6gb ram
Intel hd 300 integrated graphics

Attachments

• IMG_20150330_013324.jpg
    IMG_20150330_013324.jpg
    981.4 KB · Views: 189
Hi guys, I've just successfully got my desktop hackintosh working 100% and am really pleased with it. It's opened up a lot of opportunities with software relating to my line of work. So I'm now attempting to get Yosemite on my laptop.

I started by just creating a unibeast usb with laptop support selected, and have tried this. I've made sure secure boot and everything like that in the bios is disabled. I've tried a few of the obvious boot flags like IGPEnabler, graphicsenabler and -x, but every time I try and boot the installer it gets stuck at the IOBluetooth stuff (see attached photo).

I know from experience that this is the last line before graphics so I'm 70% sure it's a grahics related issue. Anyone got any ideas?

-Charlie

My specs are:
i5 mobile
6gb ram
Intel hd 300 integrated graphics

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-unibeast.html

Seems like you have "mixed" system (HD3000 on 7-series chipset).

If you have UEFI (you mention secure boot, which implies UEFI), use Clover: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Oh okay cool, I've just gone through your first link and nothing has worked. Now going to work through the second one about mixed systems. Will post update. Thanks.

Oh okay cool, I've just gone through your first link and nothing has worked. Now going to work through the second one about mixed systems. Will post update. Thanks.

Both links will work (mixed systems, if that's actually what you have, are covered in both guides).

But you're getting ahead of yourself. First thing: Find out what hardware you actually have. Then fill out your profile to reflect the details. This is actually the first section of both guides I linked.

Okay I've booted back into windows and used CPU-Z, here are my specs:

System: Samsung series 3 NP3530EC-A0DDXCPU: i5-2410m/HM76
Graphics: HD3000, 1366X768

I've followed through the guide about making a dsdt, and have gone through maciasl and found the dsdt patch for Samsung series 3 laptops, which is what I have. However I'm getting two compiling errors, and I'm confused at how you fix them and what they mean.

I've attached a screenshot with of the console log, although I appreciate you don't want to have to fix everyones dsdt. But I would really appreciate if you could help me as I am completely clueless on what these mean, even after looking through the github contents.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 3.26.02 am.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 3.26.02 am.png
    160 KB · Views: 128
Okay I've booted back into windows and used CPU-Z, here are my specs:

System: Samsung series 3 NP3530EC-A0DDXCPU: i5-2410m/HM76
Graphics: HD3000, 1366X768

I've followed through the guide about making a dsdt, and have gone through maciasl and found the dsdt patch for Samsung series 3 laptops, which is what I have. However I'm getting two compiling errors, and I'm confused at how you fix them and what they mean.

I've attached a screenshot with of the console log, although I appreciate you don't want to have to fix everyones dsdt. But I would really appreciate if you could help me as I am completely clueless on what these mean, even after looking through the github contents.

Post your native files extracted from Linux.

If you're referring to the extracting the laptops native dsdt I used the rw everything method which created a .bin file. Is this what you need because it won't let me upload it...?

If you're referring to the extracting the laptops native dsdt I used the rw everything method which created a .bin file. Is this what you need because it won't let me upload it...?

Use ZIP.

Oh okay yep makes sense.

Attachments

• DSDT.bin.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back