Motherboard
iCore i7
CPU
3.4 GHZ
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M
Mac
  1. iMac
I have an old gateway laptop from 2009 that I was trying to use multi beast with. I cannot get the sound to work at all and the on board keyboard and trackpad are nonexistent ever since I restarted OS X 10.10.2. The ethernet does not seem to be active but the wireless works fine. I am not as concerned as the ethernet as I am about the other things. It is really annoying to hook up an external mouse and keyboard just to use the laptop. I am thinking that my laptop is not compatible but if anyone has any thought, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks.

4GB Memory
Intel Core 2 Duo
It had Vista then 7 then Linux mint and now OS X
160GB HDD
MD7333u part number....hope this helps you because I am lost now.

I have an old gateway laptop from 2009 that I was trying to use multi beast with. I cannot get the sound to work at all and the on board keyboard and trackpad are nonexistent ever since I restarted OS X 10.10.2. The ethernet does not seem to be active but the wireless works fine. I am not as concerned as the ethernet as I am about the other things. It is really annoying to hook up an external mouse and keyboard just to use the laptop. I am thinking that my laptop is not compatible but if anyone has any thought, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks.

4GB Memory
Intel Core 2 Duo
It had Vista then 7 then Linux mint and now OS X
160GB HDD
MD7333u part number....hope this helps you because I am lost now.

Keyboard/trackpad: Depends on PS2 drivers. There is no native support for PS2 devices in OS X. Correct drivers depend on what the manufacturer of your trackpad is.

Ethernet: What Ethernet chipset do you have? Use DPCIManager->PCIList to find out. Install drivers (kexts) appropriate for your hardware.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches for patched AppleHDA are covered in the DSDT/SSDT patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

You can also try VoodooHDA.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back