Contribute
Register

Kinks in new install 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the quick reply.

My trackpad is an ALPS GlidePoint.

I think I followed the PM guide properly, but I will go over it again and the AppleHDA patching too.

Thanks

You might find an ALPS version of my VoodooPS2Trackpad. My build has some ALPS support, but it is not up-to-date with respect to newer ALPS trackpads.

There can be a lot of causes for sleep problems... the fixes depend on the specific nature of the issue with sleep.

BTW, how would I go on to add support to a newer trackpad? Modify the kext code?

BTW, how would I go on to add support to a newer trackpad? Modify the kext code?

There are other versions with more up-to-date code (including the bpedman_merge branch in my own repo). But yes, support for newer trackpads if you can't find one with support for it, involves modifying the C++ code.

Hi,

I see the branch, but only code to download.

Can that be compiled in 10.9 with xcode, or all your builds are from 10.6.8?

Or would there be a binary I can get hold of?

Thanks

Hi,

I see the branch, but only code to download.

Can that be compiled in 10.9 with xcode, or all your builds are from 10.6.8?

Or would there be a binary I can get hold of?

Thanks

I don't build that branch. You can build it according to the instructions in the README.

Hi,

Long time coming, but I haven't been able to get the battery recognized or backlight working...

I realize that I have to build/get my dsdt working.

Thats were I'm stuck. I've been reading up but still can't figure where I can coment out and where I need to patch???

I attached my working file dsdt and compile errors.

Thanks

Attachments

• xris_DSDT.zip
    58.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2015-01-30 at 00.08.50.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-30 at 00.08.50.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 89
Thanks.

I'm was missing quite a bit :oops:

Hi.

Again, long time away.

I have read up on the laptop dsdt and ssdt. I have extracted the oem from Linux and used the recommended Maciasl version.

The DSDT has compiled ok and most of the SSDT's, exept ssdt2.

I'm still trying to appply patches for bat and audio and hopefully test sleep/wake.

There is a couple of errors that I have not been able to find a fix in the forums: PARSEOP_SLEEP and PARSEOP_PACKAGE.

I attached the "raw" files.

Thanks.

PSView attachment SSDT1.dslView attachment SSDT2.dslView attachment SSDT3.dslView attachment DSDT.dsl.zip

Hi.

Again, long time away.

I have read up on the laptop dsdt and ssdt. I have extracted the oem from Linux and used the recommended Maciasl version.

The DSDT has compiled ok and most of the SSDT's, exept ssdt2.

I'm still trying to appply patches for bat and audio and hopefully test sleep/wake.

There is a couple of errors that I have not been able to find a fix in the forums: PARSEOP_SLEEP and PARSEOP_PACKAGE.

I attached the "raw" files.

Thanks.

PSView attachment 136056View attachment 136057View attachment 136058View attachment 136059

SSDT2 would generally be dropped as it is CPU related (if you're following the guide as written).

But you can also choose to keep it...

Just remove the extra placeholder packages that look like:
Code:
        Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

I wrote this patch for it:
Code:
into_all all code_regex Package\s+\(0x06\)\n.*\{\n(.*0x80000000.*\n){6}.*\} removeall_matched;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back