HP Laptop 14-d042la (Chimera)
CPU
i5-3230M + HM76
Graphics
Intel HD4000 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I just finished a new Mavericks install (after a good trial-error-research-trial-error...) but have managed to get a functioning system going.

I was having trouble with the hd4k video working, but seem to have got that sorted.

RTL lan working.

Swapped RTL wifi for Atheros, working, except for the annoying "feature" of the laptop that starts up with the radio OFF, I have to press the "wifi" key twice to turn it on (but led does not change from orange to white). Anybody have to do this too?

I still have to go through the enabling full PM support xcpm, hopefully get sleep, close lid sleep, hybernate. BTW, how can I verify that full/partial PM is working?View attachment xris macbook.ioregView attachment xris_iasl.zip

The main hickups that I haven't managed to sort are better:

-ps2 trackpad support (at least two finger scrolling and proper button support)

-Any chance of enabling sd card reader (pcie RTS5229)?

-Audio enabled with VodooHDA. Works for internal speakers and shows inputs, but my machine has a combination headphone/mic jack. If I have to choose, I would rather set it to out.

My setup is:

HP laptop:
i5 ivy 3230m 2600mhz
F 0.8 BIOS (very limited option, mainly EFI/Legacy option, VT on/off)
Series 7/C210 Chipset
4gb ram
500gb sata hdd

Chamaleon BL.

Any help is much apreciated! Thanks.

Hi,

I just finished a new Mavericks install (after a good trial-error-research-trial-error...) but have managed to get a functioning system going.

I was having trouble with the hd4k video working, but seem to have got that sorted.

RTL lan working.

Swapped RTL wifi for Atheros, working, except for the annoying "feature" of the laptop that starts up with the radio OFF, I have to press the "wifi" key twice to turn it on (but led does not change from orange to white). Anybody have to do this too?

I still have to go through the enabling full PM support xcpm, hopefully get sleep, close lid sleep, hybernate. BTW, how can I verify that full/partial PM is working?View attachment 107098View attachment 107099

The main hickups that I haven't managed to sort are better:

-ps2 trackpad support (at least two finger scrolling and proper button support)

-Any chance of enabling sd card reader (pcie RTS5229)?

-Audio enabled with VodooHDA. Works for internal speakers and shows inputs, but my machine has a combination headphone/mic jack. If I have to choose, I would rather set it to out.

My setup is:

HP laptop:
i5 ivy 3230m 2600mhz
F 0.8 BIOS (very limited option, mainly EFI/Legacy option, VT on/off)
Series 7/C210 Chipset
4gb ram
500gb sata hdd

Chamaleon BL.

Any help is much apreciated! Thanks.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-laptops.html

If you have Synaptics trackpad: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Thanks.

I will be going through the PM guide soon and trying out the VoodooPS2 kext.

Any ideas about the mic/headphone combination jack? I haven't looked in MIDI preferences, there might be a preference there, but if not that might be able to be changed in a DDST?

Also, do you have any experience with the wifi on/off key? As I said, I initially thought that mine was not working, but then tried it anyway and discovered I have to press twice for it to come on. Turning wifi on/off from the menu makes no difference. Could I set this to be always on during boot maybe? or a mod to the Atheros kext?

Again, thanks for the help.

BTW, my laptop is model HP 14-d042la (Particular to South America i believe).

Thanks.

I will be going through the PM guide soon and trying out the VoodooPS2 kext.

Any ideas about the mic/headphone combination jack? I haven't looked in MIDI preferences, there might be a preference there, but if not that might be able to be changed in a DDST?

Also, do you have any experience with the wifi on/off key? As I said, I initially thought that mine was not working, but then tried it anyway and discovered I have to press twice for it to come on. Turning wifi on/off from the menu makes no difference. Could I set this to be always on during boot maybe? or a mod to the Atheros kext?

Again, thanks for the help.

BTW, my laptop is model HP 14-d042la (Particular to South America i believe).

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

No idea on the WiFi button.

Thanks again!

I will be going through the PM setup and trying to get AppleHDA working. Got some reading to do, but the guides are pretty specific.

One question though, about the ps2 driver. I see the kext, but what about the daemon, got to install that too? Where exactly do I have to put it? (Launch Agents and Launch Daemons?)

Thanks.

One question though, about the ps2 driver. I see the kext, but what about the daemon, got to install that too? Where exactly do I have to put it? (Launch Agents and Launch Daemons?)

Read the installation instructions linked by the README.

Ups, sorry. I had found the files first in google and didn't follow you link...

Thanks.

Hi,

Still at it with some pending work.

-PM seems to be working, although sleep is intermittent. Reading up on that (ie: PleaseSleep :) ) Some issues seem to be related to the cd/dvd drive spinning up.

-I installed the PS2 kext, but no luck. Could there be a plist that I could modify. I don't see where the trackpad is connected (ps2 to usb?) so I haven't found ids to use.

- Still have to work through the AppleHDA patch. Tried a already patched one, didn't work.

Thanks.

Hi,

Still at it with some pending work.

-PM seems to be working, although sleep is intermittent. Reading up on that (ie: PleaseSleep :) ) Some issues seem to be related to the cd/dvd drive spinning up.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-laptops.html

PleaseSleep should be avoided.

-I installed the PS2 kext, but no luck. Could there be a plist that I could modify. I don't see where the trackpad is connected (ps2 to usb?) so I haven't found ids to use.

What trackpad do you have?

- Still have to work through the AppleHDA patch. Tried a already patched one, didn't work.

Patched AppleHDA requires correct DSDT patches.

Thanks for the quick reply.

My trackpad is an ALPS GlidePoint.

I think I followed the PM guide properly, but I will go over it again and the AppleHDA patching too.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back