Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Odense2-K
CPU
Intel I7 7700
Graphics
Nvidia GT 710 2 GB
Hello Guys,

this is the first time i have installed Hackintosh, i have installed Catalania.
everything was working perfect untill i upgaded to Big sur.
after the upgrade, it rebooted and im now stuck on the Login Screen with a deactivated mouse and keyboard.

im a noob in Mac OS i have never used one before and i would really like to check it out.
is there any trick to get the keyboard and mouse working without installing the whole system again ? this took me 5 hours missing around with the usb stick config files.

i still have the usb boot stick and the config file.
any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

Hello Guys,

this is the first time i have installed Hackintosh, i have installed Catalania.
everything was working perfect untill i upgaded to Big sur.
after the upgrade, it rebooted and im now stuck on the Login Screen with a deactivated mouse and keyboard.

im a noob in Mac OS i have never used one before and i would really like to check it out.
is there any trick to get the keyboard and mouse working without installing the whole system again ? this took me 5 hours missing around with the usb stick config files.

i still have the usb boot stick and the config file.
any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

Hi there.

Which version of OpenCore are you using?

Hi there.

Which version of OpenCore are you using?
Hello,

i have just booted again with the usb stick and it is saying OpenCore (REL-068-2021-04-05)
i can see 6 Options one of them is openshell.efi can we do something cool with it to make it work ? :D

Hello,

i have just booted again with the usb stick and it is saying OpenCore (REL-068-2021-04-05)
i can see 6 Options one of them is openshell.efi can we do something cool with it to make it work ? :D

Version 0.6.8 is the latest release version so that's fine. :thumbup:

How did you download Big Sur and create your installer USB?

You could try putting the USBInjectAll.kext into your USB EFI/OC/Kexts folder. This might help.

Version 0.6.8 is the latest release version so that's fine. :thumbup:

How did you download Big Sur and create your installer USB?

You could try putting the USBInjectAll.kext into your USB EFI/OC/Kexts folder. This might help.

i installed catalania first then watched a youtube video and that guy downloaded a file.
once i opened that file it triggered something to push me an update notification.
it downloaded Big Sur beta 12 GB and installed it sussesfully.

the usb stick creation was super complicated for me at least :D
no idea where to start.. hmm downloaded alot of drivers and im sure i had the usb inject on it aswell.

the mouse and keyboard were working on catalania but stoped working after the update and restart.
however, can you send me the download link for the file and guide me how to copy it ?
i hope we can make this work without having to install everything from scratch.

i installed catalania first then watched a youtube video and that guy downloaded a file.
once i opened that file it triggered something to push me an update notification.
it downloaded Big Sur beta 12 GB and installed it sussesfully.

the usb stick creation was super complicated for me at least :D
no idea where to start.. hmm downloaded alot of drivers and im sure i had the usb inject on it aswell.

the mouse and keyboard were working on catalania but stoped working after the update and restart.
however, can you send me the download link for the file and guide me how to copy it ?
i hope we can make this work without having to install everything from scratch.

As we don't know what the YouTube guy told you to download - and USB has stopped working since then - we are in the dark.

If you tried USBInjectAll.kext as suggested (if you use the site search function you will find the latest version) then the best suggestion to avoid a reinstallation is to remove whatever it was you got from the Youtuber etc. Without more information I'm not sure what else to recommend.

Thanks for your help, i have started all over again and installed Big Sur.
issue is solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back