Contribute
Register

kernel_task always using above 100% CPU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 99% sure now that the problem is to do with my ACPI files and I suspect it's a bug in the battery methods. I briefly tried swapping out fakeSMC for VirtualSMC and its related drivers and kexts, but got the same results (have now swapped back). Unfortunately, I'm not really knowledgable enough to figure this out on my own. Would anyone else be willing to have a look, please? The problem reporting files above are still current. Many thanks!

I'm completely stumped. Is there any chance you could take a look when you get chance please @RehabMan? Thank you!

Attachments

• debug_14468.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
I'm completely stumped. Is there any chance you could take a look when you get chance please @RehabMan? Thank you!

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:

Didn't check anything else.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:

Didn't check anything else.
Kexts should now be properly installed. Updated PR files attached. Could you take another look, please @RehabMan ?

Attachments

• debug_20060.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
Kexts should now be properly installed. Updated PR files attached. Could you take another look, please @RehabMan ?
your ACPI/Patched folder seems wrong

i don't think you need all those in there

you only need to patch to make things work

best to recheck this:

best to recheck this:

Thanks, but I'm not sure which SSDTs can be removed. I tried early (see post #4) and it only made things much worse. Any suggestions?

best to recheck this:

Determined that the SSDT required for proper AC adapter detection is SSDT-x2_0-Cpu0Ist.aml and removed all unnecessary ACPI files. No change to kernel_task/CPU usage issues. Updated PR files attached. Would appreciate any contributions, please! @RehabMan

Attachments

• debug_11302.zip
    19.3 MB · Views: 64
Determined that the SSDT required for proper AC adapter detection is SSDT-x2_0-Cpu0Ist.aml and removed all unnecessary ACPI files. No change to kernel_task/CPU usage issues. Updated PR files attached. Would appreciate any contributions, please! @RehabMan

See ACPI patching guide:

See ACPI patching guide:
I re-read your guide and have been able to get proper AC adapter detection without retaining SSDT-x2_0-Cpu0Ist.aml, however the CPU usage/kernel_task issue remains. The behaviour still only occurs if ACPIBatteryManager.kext is loaded (currently using the latest debugging version of the kext). Updated PR files attached.

Attachments

• debug_22279.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
I re-read your guide and have been able to get proper AC adapter detection without retaining SSDT-x2_0-Cpu0Ist.aml, however the CPU usage/kernel_task issue remains. The behaviour still only occurs if ACPIBatteryManager.kext is loaded (currently using the latest debugging version of the kext). Updated PR files attached.

If you think ACPIBatteryManager.kext is causing some issue (a hang internally with it?), you will need to add some debugging code to it in order to find the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back