Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic on every other Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

Could it be a defective RAM, CPU or motherboard? As that's usually the case which causes a KP (assuming you have a stable setup and have run Permissions Repair on your drives). Try downloading the Memtest86+ ISO, burn it to a disk and running that on your system to test your chips and see what comes up...

Thanks for your reply and suggestion Middleman.

I will try this when I have finished the current project I am working on and post back. Ironically, a RAM upgrade is on my shopping list. 4GB just doesn't seem sufficient anymore when you have Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Steam, VLC, Thunderbird and multiple Chrome tabs running! :D

I'm going to buy new RAM because I did notice on my previous build I had some problems (though not as prevalent) start around the time I got my current RAM. I'll update when I've installed it.

I forgot to mention that I had to change my baseclock on the machine to 100.10. I had random freezing/crashing issues and I had read that was a good solution for this MOBO. Could that cause KPs on startup?

For anyone following this thread, I decided to buy some new RAM (Corsair Vengeance 2*4GB) and now the freezing has gone away completely. Looks like it was RAM afterall, despite having ran memtest without issue. We should be good to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back