Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Kernel panic on boot though unsure of reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned above, I’ve deleted the kextcache, but the IntelMausiEthernet next is still loading and causing the kernel panic. Is there anywhere I’m missing where it needs to be deleted? For what it’s worth, I can mount the drive on my MacBook, but can’t boot into it.

Here are a few screen grabs from right before the KP starts, I think.

IMG_6705.PNG

IMG_6706.PNG

Here are a few screen grabs from right before the KP starts, I think.

View attachment 478614

View attachment 478615

Hi there.

First things first. To rebuild a kextcache you use Terminal rather than just deleting files.

There are several variations but the simplest is: " sudo kextcache -i / "

As always, @P1LGRIM is spot-on with advice, and the i210 is not listed as being supported by Mieze, neither is it supported by Acidanthera in his version of the ethernet kext called: IntelMausi.kext. For my own Catalina build this worked when IntelMausiEthernet.kext did not.

For Catalina I strongly recommend you remove the kext - whichever version - from Drive: Library/Extensions or System/Library/extensions, and place it in your EFI folder - EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Remember to rebuild those kext caches if you've removed anything or it will come back to haunt you.

:)

Thank you for your reply! I had actually removed the i210 card, but was still having the KP.

Good news... I was able to boot using " -f " which allowed me to get into macOS and rebuild the kext cache. No more IntelMausEthernet remnants and all is well! Thank you everyone for bearing with me through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back