Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-SOC FORCE
CPU
Core i7-6700K
Graphics
XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB
I had a (mostly) functional Catalina build and decided to add an ethernet card to get functional ethernet. At some point in the process, of swapping out my Fenvi FV-T919 for an Intel I210-T1 Network Adapter E0X95AA I started getting kernel panics on boot. I now can't boot at all. I assume it's possibly related, but the fans are also not spinning and LEDs aren't lighting up on my GFX card as well. At the bottom of the post is a video of what happens during boot. I tried my best to get it in focus but this was the best I could get without blur while not being washed out and remaining in focus.

I'm an amateur at best, and can usually work my way through problems, just not sure what the root of this is. I put my Fevi card back in place to see if I could just go back, but still experiencing the same KP. I'll provide any other info I can as needed, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

you should post your EFI/CLOVER directory. I'm sure someone can help. It is really annoying how kernel panics blast off the screen so you can't see what they say now.

Your /EFI is a mess too.

apfs.efi and ApfsDriverLoader.efi do the same job and are mutually exclusive.
AptioMemoryFix.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi and OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi do the same job and are mutually exclusive.
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is a kext not a driver.

Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext and AppleALC.kext should be updated.

/EFI/CLOVER/drivers32UEFI is redundant and should be deleted.
/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 is redundant and should be deleted.
/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI is redundant and should be deleted.

Clover should be updated.

No need to boot with nv_disable=1, you don't have any Nvidia graphics to disable.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply!
Looks like your problem may be with IntelMausiEthernet kext which does not support Intel I210.

I thought I had removed that kext from my EFI, and I didn't see it in S/L/E or L/E. Is there something I might be missing?

Re: your second message
I've got the EFI cleaned up and those kexts updated, but still having the same KP whenever I boot. I should note that the system was running fine for two months after I updated to Catalina. It seemed to arise when I swapped the two NIC, but I have the system back to how it was before I started having the KP, both in terms of hardware and software AFAIK.

Thank you for your reply!

I thought I had removed that kext from my EFI, and I didn't see it in S/L/E or L/E. Is there something I might be missing?

Re: your second message
I've got the EFI cleaned up and those kexts updated, but still having the same KP whenever I boot. I should note that the system was running fine for two months after I updated to Catalina. It seemed to arise when I swapped the two NIC, but I have the system back to how it was before I started having the KP, both in terms of hardware and software AFAIK.

The only thing I have to add is disable both items in "kernel and kext patches". Those USB port limit patches should only be used temporarily and change frequently. if it boots without them them, then start messing with your usb stuff.

also..

try unchecking Apple RTC and AppleIntelCPUPM. Im comparing your config file against my old Gigabyte z170 that I had running pretty solidly. Its not the same but should be close.

Last edited:
Maybe it is still cached.
Did you rebuild the kext cache when you removed it ?

I didn’t, but I just deleted the contents of /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/ and the result is the same. I’ll get some screenshots of the current boot sequence in the morning to give an idea of its current state. Thank you for your help so far.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, I have the Fenvi FV-T919 card back in the system and everything else the way it physically was before I started experiencing these kernel panics. Are there any additional logs I can provide that might help shed more light on the source of the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back