Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic on Boot involving AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: So I have re-installed Yosemite, re-installed Clover with the same options, updated it to the most recent build from Halloween, and I still get the same error from before. Config.plist is a standard one and I have my .kexts all in order as well.

It is in fact the Clover boot loader on my HDD because I'm able to get in via my USB key of "Yosemite Installer"'s UEFI menu and choose my Yosemite Partition and boot in just fine.

Final update to this... I was able to fix this by putting a NullAppleIntelCPUPowerManagement in the 10.10 folder of the /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10/ directory. I noticed this file was in place on the USB drive and wasn't in the instructions for the Clover build on here so that made them different, which would explain why the USB device would work and not hard drive UEFI bootloader.

Thanks for all the help guys! :)

You really just saved my life! My 10.11 El Capitan installation was 100% broken.... and you just saved it! For El Capitan, I had to change 10.10 to 10.11 and 10.11.1 to get things working again. Thank you so much!

Edit: I fixed this by booting the OS X Installer, mounting /EFI (disk1s1 for me) to /Volumes/EFI, and copying the kext to the proper folder.

I know this is an old post, but I'm having the same issue. Except mine is using AppleIntelInfo.kext for power management.

I'm getting the same kernel panic you did, and it won't boot.

Question, how did you get to anything that would allow you to do anything if you couldn't boot? I'm in that same boat, need to know how to fix this!

Haha you bumped an older post! Oh well.... Anyway, I have the same problem, I also can't boot to install kexts :|

Haha you bumped an older post! Oh well.... Anyway, I have the same problem, I also can't boot to install kexts :|
Awesome, well I was able to get it working with RehabMan's help. I booted to the install USB I used to do the installation, then accessed the terminal from there. Drilling down to the S/L/E directory I removed the bad kext, and it booted.
Hope this helps you.

Awesome, well I was able to get it working with RehabMan's help. I booted to the install USB I used to do the installation, then accessed the terminal from there. Drilling down to the S/L/E directory I removed the bad kext, and it booted.
Hope this helps you.

If only I could boot into my USB! :lol: If I could either delete my Clover config file (not sure if Clover auto-generates a new config or not), or just put the kext I need onto the drive that would be great! Do you know if I could use gParted to do it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I installed Windows over my existing OS X installation, then I put the kext on the USB from there.

Last edited:
EDIT: Nevermind, I installed Windows over my existing OS X installation, then I put the kext on the USB from there.

That's great! Glad you were able to get it working - My issue was my own fault. I knew that kext was bad, because I put it there, and then it started panicking. LOL - So I knew which one I needed to remove, but I wasn't sure how to get back in to do it. RehabMan is awesome!

how did ywou install NullCPUPoweManagement kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back