Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SOLVED] Kernel Panic on Boot involving AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

I was able to install Clover as my bootloader, got into the Mac OS X environment and got everything working and happy! Then I started to work on iMessage and playing with SMBios and followed a few different strategies to get it working and this cropped up.

I keep getting this crash and can't even load the Desktop environment. I did get it to load once with no changes to the boot flags, wasn't sure why it did boot, so I rebooted it to make sure it was consistent, and it was not. Haven't been able to get back in since that most recent time of getting that error.

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 LGA 1155
Processor: Intel i7-2600K
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850

I've tried these boot flags in various combinations: -v -f -x GraphicsEnabler=No
Also thought if I modified the config.plist to be the standard .plist file in Clover guide that's here, and the one that I used originally that worked didn't fix or help anything.

Any help here? I attached a photo of the error for specifics.

image 2.jpg

image.jpg

Wanted to bump this as I'm still clueless on how to work on this issue.

Helpful Halloween bump? :D

What settings did you use in clover after you booted into Yosemite? What ever happened I am assuming is do to clover. Pics if possible please :D

What settings did you use in clover after you booted into Yosemite? What ever happened I am assuming is do to clover. Pics if possible please :D

A reply! Finally! :D I'll control my excitement. :)

Are you referring to boot options? I can take pictures of all of my Clover settings and go through the ones listed in the bootloader screen if that's what you're referring to?

Show me what you use for you clover settings AFTER you install Yosemite. I gotta go do somethings for a little bit but I will be back to help in about 2 hours!

Show me what you use for you clover settings AFTER you install Yosemite. I gotta go do somethings for a little bit but I will be back to help in about 2 hours!

Used all these settings here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

And set it up as a UEFI-Capable system. Was able to get a few bootings into it, until I messed with the SMBios, but I've tried tweaking the SMBios in the clover bootloader or by re=copy'ing over the "standard" config.plst in there and still no luck, so I think it's safe to say to rule that out :/

Bumping to top again... >.>

Bumping to top again... >.>

Solved my issue by installing NullCPUPowerManagement kext. I never had to use it before. I used multi-beast and Chimera boot, no UEFI.

So far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back