Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic after Update: Unsupported CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In clover configurator :

1) ACPI tab : optional but tick "fixshutdown" if you have problem to shutdown your hack (for example it reboots). If you do not have this problem, do nothing.
2) Boot tab : set darkwake=0 (can help with sleep/wake) + untick Nvidia_drv=1 (this is maybe why you did not get any acceleration with native drivers with your geforce)
3) VERY IMPORTANT : you do not have any fakesmc.kext in your "other" folder. Place the one found here :
RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-1017.zip

If you want to try your native Nvidia driver again (make a backup first of your config.plist) :

1) untick Nvidia_drv=1 and save your config plist ------ (see 4) below for disabling nvidiaweb if you want to do it right now)
2) add the fakesmc.kext in your "other" folder
3) open the Nvidia preference pane and choose to use the OS X default driver (your computer will reboot)
4) At clover boot screen, go to options and in the graphic part, untick "nvidiaweb" ------- (you can do that in 1) in the system parameters tab with clover configurator)
5) Come back to your clover boot screen and Launch High Sierra

If it does not work, revert back to the web driver with the Nvidia preference pane, do not forget to re-enable "nvidiaweb" in your config plist if you did it in 1)
Hi CrashMidnick,
I used multibeast to chose my kexts and I think that it puts them directly in /Library/extensions I checked and my FakeSMC is there as well as a kext for ethernet and for audio i picked. Should I copy (or move) those in my EFI partition ? Here's a screenshot of my /Library/Extensions folder :
Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 10.08.38.png

As for the graphics, nvidia_drv=1 was not ticked when i tried to use native driver, I only ticked it as well as injectWebDrivers when i tried to make the web drivers work. If i untick it the web driver don't work anymore. I will try to use native drivers one more time and let you know.
Thanks again !

Should I copy (or move) those in my EFI partition ?

Yes ! Always place fakesmc in the "other" folder (you can leave the one in S/L/E). That way it will survive from future updates in case Apple changes something in the future (kext validation as an example).
For the other kexts it is up to you as they are not mandatory to be able to boot.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer !

Following your instructions, when trying to boot on the HS drive we just installed, High Sierra doesn't boot and quickly stops with these messages : (nothing in safe mode either)

View attachment 291178

However when booting with the installer USB (with f12) and choosing our HS Drive, High Sierra is booting properly ! (with my two screens and everything). But it's very glitchy so i'm guessing the GPU acceleration doesn't work (even though it's detected in the "about my mac" panel).
I'm getting all the above mentions troubles too... I have GTS 450

I have Dell Inspiron 7548 i7 5th gen. Im trying but i got message acpi error. hope someone can help me. i have upload a file for clover and the error im getting. If need further info will give. Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20171118_110225.jpg
    20171118_110225.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 199
  • C2.PNG
    C2.PNG
    422.3 KB · Views: 221
  • clover.PNG
    clover.PNG
    393.4 KB · Views: 215
  • kext.PNG
    kext.PNG
    52.8 KB · Views: 196
I have Dell Inspiron 7548 i7 5th gen. Im trying but i got message acpi error. hope someone can help me. i have upload a file for clover and the error im getting. If need further info will give. Many thanks in advance
This is a Desktop Support thread - For help with your Laptop you should post in the relevant Laptop Support forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back