Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic after Update: Unsupported CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can boot with your USB stick (meaning clover will read the config.plist and everything inside the clover EFI partition of your USB EFI partition), there is a chance that you have something wrong in your EFI partition from your HS install.

What I would do :

1) Mount your HS EFI partition and make a backup of it let's say on your desktop
2) Delete everything inside the HS EFI partition (the "boot" file and clover)
3) Mount the EFI partition of your USB stick
4) Copy/paste everything from your USB EFI partition to your Empty HS EFI partition (including the "boot" file)
5) Reboot and see if you can access HS without your USB stick

Before doing that, just to test, you can just replace the config.plist in your HS EFI partition by the one from your USB EFI Partition. I would remove Lilu.kext as well. Again make a backup of your existing one.

No DSMOS har arrived message... Weird!!!! I have same error: unsupported cpu for reporter and kextd stall "AppleACPICPU"....
no one can help!!!????

Attachments

• boot hang.png
    boot hang.png
    1 MB · Views: 428
Heyas Folks. Like most of us I went ahead and updated to 10.3.1 through the App Store's software update. All went well, as per usual, or so I thought. Right after DSMOS arrives instead of the Finder opening I get an instant restart. Clover tells me it restarted due to a kernel panic. I took a slow-mo movie with my iPod with hopes of capturing the issue before the screen blanks due to restart, and I captured this:
View attachment 290134

I am pretty sure the "Unsupported CPU for reporter has something to do with the restart. I have NEVER seen this in any of my Hackintosh builds, and am somewhat perplexed as to why this is popping up now? This never happened with the supplemental update. My DSDT, SSDT, System def, and Clover config have all been static for years. I have installed nor changed NOTHING (only updating the nVidia web drivers after OS update). Now, I can no longer boot back into MacOS!

Help?
  • This boot freeze is most likely from your Graphics
  • The problem for your Graphics can be in any of the following:
    • In the BIOS setup of Graphics pertaining to the chosen graphics card currently connected to the Monitor (must be via Digital cable)
    • CLOVER contents
      • Kexts/Other
      • config.plist
  • Check BIOS >Peripherals to make sure everything appropriate has been chosen .
  • Check and edit the CLOVER contents as required or Upload CLOVER from the disk as a compressed file for our suggestions.

If you can boot with your USB stick (meaning clover will read the config.plist and everything inside the clover EFI partition of your USB EFI partition), there is a chance that you have something wrong in your EFI partition from your HS install.

What I would do :

1) Mount your HS EFI partition and make a backup of it let's say on your desktop
2) Delete everything inside the HS EFI partition (the "boot" file and clover)
3) Mount the EFI partition of your USB stick
4) Copy/paste everything from your USB EFI partition to your Empty HS EFI partition (including the "boot" file)
5) Reboot and see if you can access HS without your USB stick

Before doing that, just to test, you can just replace the config.plist in your HS EFI partition by the one from your USB EFI Partition. I would remove Lilu.kext as well. Again make a backup of your existing one.
We did this but only with the ktexts this morning, I also saw that I had a lot of ACPI fixes activated, I unchecked the Lan Fix one and it allowed me to boot without the error. Still no GPU acceleration though.

After that I reinstalled NVIDIA web driver thinking that completely disabling iGPU as you suggested might change things somehow, and doing that + injecting the NvidiaWeb in the config.plist finally did the trick!!

Thanks a lot man !

We did this but only with the ktexts this morning, I also saw that I had a lot of ACPI fixes activated, I unchecked the Lan Fix one and it allowed me to boot without the error. Still no GPU acceleration though.

After that I reinstalled NVIDIA web driver thinking that completely disabling iGPU as you suggested might change things somehow, and doing that + injecting the NvidiaWeb in the config.plist finally did the trick!!

Thanks a lot man !
Please edit your post's Title with a prefix [SOLVED] to close this thread.

I'm affraid I can't, this is not my post :s

@Superguigui
Please reupload your clover folder; I would like to check something after work this evening.

Last edited:
@Superguigui
Please reupload your clover folder; I would like to check something after work this evening.
Here it is! Again, thanks for your help! If you see anything there that is not necessary please let me know.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 135
Here it is! Again, thanks for your help! If you see anything there that is not necessary please let me know.

In clover configurator :

1) ACPI tab : optional but tick "fixshutdown" if you have problem to shutdown your hack (for example it reboots). If you do not have this problem, do nothing.
2) Boot tab : set darkwake=0 (can help with sleep/wake) + untick Nvidia_drv=1 (this is maybe why you did not get any acceleration with native drivers with your geforce)
3) VERY IMPORTANT : you do not have any fakesmc.kext in your "other" folder. Place the one found here :
RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-1017.zip

If you want to try your native Nvidia driver again (make a backup first of your config.plist) :

1) untick Nvidia_drv=1 and save your config plist ------ (see 4) below for disabling nvidiaweb if you want to do it right now)
2) add the fakesmc.kext in your "other" folder
3) open the Nvidia preference pane and choose to use the OS X default driver (your computer will reboot)
4) At clover boot screen, go to options and in the graphic part, untick "nvidiaweb" ------- (you can do that in 1) in the system parameters tab with clover configurator)
5) Come back to your clover boot screen and Launch High Sierra

If it does not work, revert back to the web driver with the Nvidia preference pane, do not forget to re-enable "nvidiaweb" in your config plist if you did it in 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back