Graphics
GeForce 650 Ti 2 GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to upgrade my Clover from 3763 to 3882 and I keep getting the following Kernal Panic. Can anyone help?

Thanks
IMG_1418.JPG

The Kernel Panic is from AppleIntelCPUPowerrManagement.kext.
If this is happening during reboot after Clover Upgrade preventing you from booting to Login Screen and then to your macOS Sierra desktop, then I suggest the following:
  1. Boot using your Sierra USB Installer as first boot device.
  2. See if you can then switch over to your Sierra system and boot and login to your system and reinstall the Clover version that was working for you and then reboot and check.
If you cannot boot all the way in step 2 above:

• Then at the Clover Boot Manager screen with the Sierra USB Installer selected, boot the installer as if you are going to do a new install and reach the installation screen.
  • At the installation screen click "Utilities" and then "Terminal" and NOT "Disk Utility".
  • On the "Terminal" prompt. type the following command to list all the volumes in your system:
ls /Volumes
This will list all the volumes that have been mounted now.

Get the name of the volume where you installed macOS Sierra

Let us assume it as "MacOSSierra". Then in the following Codes, replace it with the appropriate "Volume Name"

mv /Volumes/"macOSSIerra"/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelC* /Volumes/"macOSSierra"/
(Next Command / Next Line)
kextcache -u /Volumes/"macOSSierra"
Next reboot and see if you can boot back to your System using macOSSiera disk as first boot through hotkey.

Good luck.

I'm trying to upgrade my Clover from 3763 to 3882 and I keep getting the following Kernal Panic. Can anyone help?

ThanksView attachment 218108

Kernel Panic related to AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement. Make sure that you have implemented native Powermanagement by generating a SSDT. SSDT goes in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.

Kernel Panic related to AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement. Make sure that you have implemented native Powermanagement by generating a SSDT. SSDT goes in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.
How do I generate a SSDT? I have the DSDT.aml file in the patched directory that I've been using for 5+ years.

I tried using this and it gave me an error regarding my Sandy Bridge chipset. I reset my system definition to 14,2 so my graphic card would work with Sierra. If I didn't the screen went black when I was booting.

Error? attach screenshot. Use iMac 13,2.

Error? attach screenshot. Use iMac 13,2.

I can't show you the screen shot now since I resolved the issue by changing from 12,2 to 14,2 a few weeks ago. Now that I've changed it's confusing the program to generate the SSDT file. My system is Sandy Bridge and it wants to see a system definition of 12,2 for the generating program to work is my best guess.

At least everything is running fine with Sierra 10.12.1 using Clover 3763.

I can't show you the screen shot now since I resolved the issue by changing from 12,2 to 14,2 a few weeks ago. Now that I've changed it's confusing the program to generate the SSDT file. My system is Sandy Bridge and it wants to see a system definition of 12,2 for the generating program to work is my best guess.

At least everything is running fine with Sierra 10.12.1 using Clover 3763.

I dont recommend using iMac 14,2 on a Sandy Bridge. You be better using iMac 13,2.

I dont recommend using iMac 14,2 on a Sandy Bridge. You be better using iMac 13,2.

I'll look at it later but won't it still get confused since iMac 13,2 is for Ivy Bridge and not Sandy Bridge. This is a little over my head but I've always work out these problems once I sit down and take the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back