Contribute
Register

karacho's Build - GA-P55A-UD3 - Core i7-860 - GeForce GT 430

Status
Not open for further replies.
jpa said:
yes is userdsdt the DB in tonyx...
Hmm...i just see mine is only stereo too :crazy: Perhaps due to the fact i only have 1 pair of little computer soundboxes connected at the green output on the backside. I seriously don't know it :?: Please have a look. How is your's?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-08 um 13.15.01.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-08 um 13.15.01.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 274
  • Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-08 um 13.14.36.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-08 um 13.14.36.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 272
Hey Karacho's I have seen you post many times and figure you would be the one to ask you a few questions... I am have problems getting my GTX465 to work, I know Im not the only one but I have a few that might help me out... We have the same motherboard except mine is Rev2...

Questions

Do I need to set checkmark in Multibeast under "64-bit Apple Boot Screen" for my card?
note i am using 4gb ram...

Also I noticed your com.apple.Boot.plist has PciRootUID+1 in its own string and min dosen't it says something like i386---------- then PciRootUID=1 any paticular reason for this...

Do I need the NVEnabler? I'm almost positive I don't if I have tony's Nvidia update?

Answers to these would be greatly appreachated... I can count How many times I have reinstalled my system...

Currently the only way i can make my system boot on its own is NVenabler and Video card is obviously not recognized...As soon as install Tony's nvidia update its a no go... -v attempts and then nothing still.. if their is anything you need a screen shot or anymore info let me know I will get it to you asap...
thxs in advance.... :thumbup:

Jaygerbomb said:
Hey Karacho's I have seen you post many times and figure you would be the one to ask you a few questions... I am have problems getting my GTX465 to work, I know Im not the only one but I have a few that might help me out... We have the same motherboard except mine is Rev2...

Questions

Do I need to set checkmark in Multibeast under "64-bit Apple Boot Screen" for my card?
note i am using 4gb ram...

Also I noticed your com.apple.Boot.plist has PciRootUID+1 in its own string and min dosen't it says something like i386---------- then PciRootUID=1 any paticular reason for this...

Do I need the NVEnabler? I'm almost positive I don't if I have tony's Nvidia update?

Answers to these would be greatly appreachated... I can count How many times I have reinstalled my system...

Currently the only way i can make my system boot on its own is NVenabler and Video card is obviously not recognized...As soon as install Tony's nvidia update its a no go... -v attempts and then nothing still.. if their is anything you need a screen shot or anymore info let me know I will get it to you asap...
thxs in advance.... :thumbup:
Hey Jaygerbomb,
no you don't need NVEnabler. I've never installed that kext, i suggest you delete that NVEnabler.kext if installed and also delete the whole /Extra folder.
If you're running already on 10.6.6, please re-install the nVidia Update again (but don't reboot) and re-run Multibeast after that with the options ticked from my screenshot in post #1.

After this feel free to compare your boot.plist with mine above in post #1. And it's not bad but a good idea to set the paths to the DSDT and smbios.plist like in my boot.plist.

It doesn't matter if the PciRoot string is under kernel flags or have it's own entry

OK Here is where Im at now...

Reinstall...
Combo update 10.6.6....
Multi-Beast: User DSDT (my mother board is Rev2) - System Utilities (both checked)
64 bit apple boot screen(checked) -PciRootUID=1 (checked)
iboot 2.0 RC5 PreRelease (checked)
(I have not installed any kexts at all yet, I can just doo this later)
Nvidia Update....
Reboot....
It loads to apple screen and then the monitor turns off... -v fails too. loads up In safe-mode and my video card is recognized as a GTX470 and a says the device Id 0x06cd vendor 0x010de... I find this weird... Its a GTX 465 not a GTX470...

I have also tried Mac Pro 3,1 4,1 and 5,1 and this has no effect (currently is 5,1)

I think I have narrowed this down to "Graphics Enabler".. Currently I have
GraphicsEnabler=No in my com.apple.boot.plist (did this with Multibeast) Now system boots but video card is not recognized and screen resolution is set to 1280x720...

I have not installed the NVenabler at all so far...

here are what my com.apple.boot.plist and my smbios.plist looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string> PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

------------------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacPro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro5,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G8031788GWR</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I have know Idea what to do at this point.. I do see that your com.apple.boot.plist is alot different is Smbios and DSDT suppose to be their..? something isent right... THx for your help I'm sure we can figure this out were sooo close...

The fact is you have to use GraphicsEnabler yes and PciRoot 1. If your Monitor goes black or switching off, then it becomes no signal and you have to connect it to/with another port/cable. If you use HDMI currently then swap it to DVI or VGA (if available). Personally i use and prefer the VGA connection because it gives me the full Apple bootscreen w/o the black borders

Yea just tried a VGA to VGA cable with an one of the attachments that comes with your Video card... I changed GraphicsEnabler from No to Yes.... then pluged the vga to the monitor and the DVI to the video card... my monitor dosent have hdmi connection......
NO luck after GraphicsEnabler is changed and the Cables is switched monitor still switches off... :banghead: any other ideas... I thk it has to do with how iboot loads the card but who knows I have only used a mac for a week...lol

Thx so much for your fast posts, Im pulling my hair out over this... I thought you should know that Windows dose the same thing with this card only using a different motherboard...
Motherboard was GA-31m-sl2 or something like that... very cheap lga 775 motherboard... I wanted to pull the 8800gts 512mb out of that computer and use it for this build... If I cant get this to work I may just try it to see what I can do....

thx again... :thumbup:

Hey I thought I would let you know I have decided to RAM the video card... I really wanted it to work but something tells me their was something wrong with the card... specially seeing that it did the same thing in windows... I am going to get a different card If you can suggest me a powerful card for around $140 or less... that you know has had great success with in the hackintosh scene I would greatly appreciate it thanks...

* as soon as I get this thing running I will surely be donating to the web-sight..

Jaygerbomb said:
Hey I thought I would let you know I have decided to RAM the video card... I really wanted it to work but something tells me their was something wrong with the card... specially seeing that it did the same thing in windows... I am going to get a different card If you can suggest me a powerful card for around $140 or less... that you know has had great success with in the hackintosh scene I would greatly appreciate it thanks...

* as soon as I get this thing running I will surely be donating to the web-sight..
At least you decide which card you like to use...have a look into the wiki -> http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Graphics_Card_Database
If i can make a suggestion, then i would say an XFX 5770 -> http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=xfx+5770&x=0&y=0

I was looking at the the Batmobile looking one by Gigabyte... I Think its the one Mac man used in his install guide... its on sale on new egg... or maybe rebate not sure ether way..probably a good buy... About the black orders thing I'm just wondering do you think this will be an issue with this new card or could my monitor have some weird comparability problem? just dont want to go through that again.... I have a Samsung sync master 22" LCD... thx for all your help...

The black border behavior is just when connected to your monitor with HDMI/DVI cables. On VGA it's always fullscreen. But the black borders when connecting with HDMI/DVI it affecting Bios-POST screen and Bootscreen only. When OSX boots up and loads the GFX drivers on the last stage, the resulution changes automatically to the native resolution. However...i don't like the black borders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back