Contribute
Register

Kaby Lake HD620 working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did, using Kext Wizard / Kext Utillity

Let's see what you're actually doing...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Hi @muhammadqaiser5

We have the same Hardware configuration. The difference is, my monitor is a 1440p one (DP+HDMI), instead of 4k like yours. Also I don't use a WiFi card, just a Bluetooth adaptor, and it's working fine.

I'm thinking in using your Clover folder and see if it just works on my system, I'll do this in the morning (Spain here).
But I'm wondering if you have made any changes since you posted it here. Also, would you mind posting your config.plist so I can compare it with mine?
Did you get Killer Ethernet working (E2500)? Mine was working right after the first fresh install of Sierra. After Multibeast it's dead, for now at least.
I also see you have a GTX 1070 installed, I have a GTX 1080 (for W10 only). It's plugged in, did you remove it before installing and configuring it all?

Cheers!
g.

Hi,

Thank you very much for contacting me.

I am using a plug and play wifi adapter and a Bluetooth adaptor.

I leave my GTX1070 in the system and change primary Graphics to internal and in the Clover I use nv_disable=1 to avoid any issues with 1070 in the system.

I Manage to install Sierra on my system but the main issues are the laggy system(mouse jumpy and grumpy) like the whole system is stuttering.

If I update to 10.12.3 my Clover loads up but after loading, monitor goes on no video input.(I will try with 10.12.3 installer)

I have the same issue like you with the Ethernet(As I am using wifi so not a big issue).

I am also facing STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE after clover loads most of its files.

I have attached my EFI folder for you but make sure you will backup your files before playing with my files.

if you will make any progress kindly let me updated and I will be doing the same.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
I am also facing STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE after clover loads most of its files.

I have attached my EFI folder for you but make sure you will backup your files before playing with my files.

If you are trying to boot the installer with this EFI/Clover, the problem is obvious...
There is no FakeSMC.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts...

You cannot expect to boot macOS/OS X without FakeSMC.kext.
Also, if booting from USB, you may need USBInjectAll.kext (see my USB guide for more info).
Also, if booting from SATA, you may need SATA-200-series-unsupported.kext.
And... if booting NVMe, you may need NVMe fixes...

Hi,

Thank you very much for contacting me.

I am using a plug and play wifi adapter and a Bluetooth adaptor.

I leave my GTX1070 in the system and change primary Graphics to internal and in the Clover I use nv_disable=1 to avoid any issues with 1070 in the system.

I Manage to install Sierra on my system but the main issues are the laggy system(mouse jumpy and grumpy) like the whole system is stuttering.

If I update to 10.12.3 my Clover loads up but after loading, monitor goes on no video input.(I will try with 10.12.3 installer)

I have the same issue like you with the Ethernet(As I am using wifi so not a big issue).

if you will make any progress kindly let me updated and I will be doing the same.

Hi there!
Sorry it took so long to answer.
Tried your config.plist and it wasn't.. right. Follow @RehabMan 's advice.

However, with his help, I've managed to have this build working. Everything except dual monitors, which seems to be a known issue. I'm now considering another GFX for macOS.

Also, haven't done anything with SSTD and DSTD, as I still don't fully understand what it is or how to configure it properly.
I'll keep reading until I get it.

Find my Clover and Extensions folders attached, feel free to try and modify.
Mind you, config.plist has SMBIOS info replaced with 000's, paste your own there.
CPU is working at 5.0GHZ configured on BIOS. HD 630 shows proper behaviour as well.

And please let me know how it goes and if you get dual monitors working by any magic chance.

Cheers!.

Attachments

• CLOVER+EXTENSIONS.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 141
Hi there!

However, with his help, I've managed to have this build working. Everything except dual monitors, which seems to be a known issue. I'm now considering another GFX for macOS.

Also, haven't done anything with SSTD and DSTD, as I still don't fully understand what it is or how to configure it properly.

Mind you, config.plist has SMBIOS info replaced with 000's, paste your own there.
CPU is working at 5.0GHZ configured on BIOS. HD 630 shows proper behaviour as well.

And please let me know how it goes and if you get dual monitors working by any magic chance.

Cheers!.

Thank you very much for all of your work and effort.
I am been away for sometime didn't get enough time to do some tweaking but was reading on this website as soon I will get a chance I will try yours provided files. Thanks once again of I will find something new of course will let you know.
If you are considering to buy/get another GPU go for 6-9 series of Nvidia. I had a XFX R9 280. That card gave a hard time to work.
Another thing I remember if I update my rig to 10.12.3 after clover loading my screen was going black for some reason. Can't remember if I have changed anything in BIOS.

Hi there!

Cheers!.

Hi There once again,

I have tried files provided by you, my Rig is much more stable and graphics are working but it's shows me Unknown in the about this Mac.

I have noticed that you are using 2 OsxAptioFix files in you Clover you will need only one Either OsxAptioFix2drv or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.

I am using the first one and it seems to be working fine with my build at least.

What did you do for the audio to working I am using an USB Adapter so far?

I have to shut down my PC in order to get to Desktop if my PC restarts it loads Clover files but gives me an error after a lot wait

so I have to keep pressing the power button to force computer to shut down.

Hi There once again,

I have tried files provided by you, my Rig is much more stable and graphics are working but it's shows me Unknown in the about this Mac.

I have noticed that you are using 2 OsxAptioFix files in you Clover you will need only one Either OsxAptioFix2drv or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.

I am using the first one and it seems to be working fine with my build at least.

What did you do for the audio to working I am using an USB Adapter so far?

I have to shut down my PC in order to get to Desktop if my PC restarts it loads Clover files but gives me an error after a lot wait

so I have to keep pressing the power button to force computer to shut down.

for "Intel Unknown" issue see RehabMan reply: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...erboards-in-macos.211743/page-82#post-1442860

I got 7700K and Asus TUF Z270-Mark 1 working using FakeCPUID 0x0506e3. Everything seems to be working including Speedstep and sleep. The only thing that I still can't get to work is the 2nd Nic port (Intel 219V), IntelMausiEthernet.kext doesn't seems to work with it. Oh, and it loses internet connection on Intel 211 (using AppleIGB.kext) after it wakes up from sleep. I have to turn it off and on again to get it to work again, no need to reboot.

Update:
Intel 219V is finally recognized and working properly with IntelMausiEthernet.kext after the latest bios update(0701). Intel 211 still loses connection after system wakes up from sleep but Intel 219V seems to maintain connection just fine.

i have the asus prime z270a i7 Kaby and MSI 980ti trying to understand where and or how am i supposed to make the fakecpuid settings and changes any help would be much appreciated i think this is the most confusing step for me IDKW

i have the asus prime z270a i7 Kaby and MSI 980ti trying to understand where and or how am i supposed to make the fakecpuid settings and changes any help would be much appreciated i think this is the most confusing step for me IDKW

Use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro to edit your config.plist.

Use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro to edit your config.plist.

thanx that helped i still cant get my darn set up to install all the way. I keep getting circle with line (prohibition sign). This is my very first build any help would be a godsend...

Attachments

• IMG_0972.JPG
    IMG_0972.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0971.JPG
    IMG_0971.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0969.JPG
    IMG_0969.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0967.JPG
    IMG_0967.JPG