Contribute
Register

Kaby Lake HD620 working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are using a DP port on the computer, then likely no need to patch the framebuffer.
You should check in ioreg to see which framebuffer node the port is connected to and what connector-type it is...

Hi RehabMan, after wasting some days to correct my system. I decided to start from scratch and made it till here kindly have look into attached files and guide me a bit not fed up of reading same things again and again. at leat just help me what I am doing wrong now I even took my R9 280x out. Thanks for your help in advance. its my 4k monitor coz don't have 1080p and really do not want to spend/waste more on the performance/result I am getting so far.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 156
  • Muhammad’s iMac. IORegistryExplorer.ioreg
    3.8 MB · Views: 138
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 16.50.03.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 16.50.03.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 250
Hi RehabMan, after wasting some days to correct my system. I decided to start from scratch and made it till here kindly have look into attached files and guide me a bit not fed up of reading same things again and again. at leat just help me what I am doing wrong now I even took my R9 280x out. Thanks for your help in advance. its my 4k monitor coz don't have 1080p and really do not want to spend/waste more on the performance/result I am getting so far.

I see no problem here. It is working as expected with QE/CI.

What is the issue?

Main issue is the screen resolution.
If computer goes to sleep never wakes up have to force restart.
Hdmi audio as Alc 1220 is not compatible yet.
I can't start with these issues without sorting out my graphics fully functional.
Or can I?

Main issue is the screen resolution.

I didn't see any problem with graphics drivers. From ioreg, it appears to be working as expected.
You will need to be more specific.

If computer goes to sleep never wakes up have to force restart.

Did you implement CPU power management?

Hdmi audio as Alc 1220 is not compatible yet.

You could patch it yourself or wait for Multibeast support.

I accidentally entered hibernate mode and couldn't boot into OS X so I had to reinstall. Unfortunately, after reinstalling I'm having the same bug where my monitor goes black 3/4 of the way through boot. I did the following steps:
1. Install via clover guide using fakecpuid
2. Set IntelGFX to 0x19128086
3. Install HD530 via MultiBeast
4. Turn off intel injection to allow rebooting
5. Reboot, install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext to /Library/Extensions using 'sudo cp -R'
6. Rebuild kextcache successfully
7. Set ig-platform-id to 0x00000000
8. Set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67, reboot and run CoreDisplay-patcher.command, completes successfully
8. Turn back on intel injection
9. Restart

It's the same story as before. HDMI works but no DP, it just goes black. Now I'm just scratching my head about what I did that magically fixed it last time.

Attachments

• Clover+Extensions.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 237
I accidentally entered hibernate mode and couldn't boot into OS X so I had to reinstall. Unfortunately, after reinstalling I'm having the same bug where my monitor goes black 3/4 of the way through boot. I did the following steps:
1. Install via clover guide using fakecpuid
2. Set IntelGFX to 0x19128086
3. Install HD530 via MultiBeast
4. Turn off intel injection to allow rebooting
5. Reboot, install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext to /Library/Extensions using 'sudo cp -R'
6. Rebuild kextcache successfully
7. Set ig-platform-id to 0x00000000
8. Set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67, reboot and run CoreDisplay-patcher.command, completes successfully
8. Turn back on intel injection
9. Restart

It's the same story as before. HDMI works but no DP, it just goes black. Now I'm just scratching my head about what I did that magically fixed it last time.

The default ig-platform-id data might not have an appropriate connector for the DP port.
Try other ig-platform-id values, or implement the appropriate framebuffer patch.

Okay wow it just started working again, same ig-platform-id and no frame buffer patch. The only thing that I can think of that might have fixed it is that instead of just shutting down after the screen goes black, I decided to let it go and then enter my password hoping the computer was working but just not displaying properly. I then let my computer sit until it went to sleep, resumed it, and shut it off. Perhaps letting the computer log in lets it "get used to" the graphics setting such that on subsequent boots it work.

Okay wow it just started working again, same ig-platform-id and no frame buffer patch. The only thing that I can think of that might have fixed it is that instead of just shutting down after the screen goes black, I decided to let it go and then enter my password hoping the computer was working but just not displaying properly. I then let my computer sit until it went to sleep, resumed it, and shut it off. Perhaps letting the computer log in lets it "get used to" the graphics setting such that on subsequent boots it work.

What do you mean by "same ig-platform-id"? In your previous post you stated you weren't specifying an ig-platform-id.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back