Contribute
Register

Kaby Lake HD620 working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by "same ig-platform-id"? In your previous post you stated you weren't specifying an ig-platform-id.
As in, I left my ig-platform-id as 0x00000000

For the record though it also works with 0x19120000 and IntelGFX=19168086

As in, I left my ig-platform-id as 0x00000000

Zero is the same as unspecified (no AAPL,ig-platform-id will be injected).
Without injecting an ig-platform-id, you will get a default.
You can verify no AAPL,ig-platform-id by looking in ioreg (just to make sure Clover doesn't inject a default).

For the record though it also works with 0x19120000 and IntelGFX=19168086

FakeID always needed for Kaby Lake (no native support for Kaby Lake graphics, but the Skylake drivers work).
No idea if 0x19120000 is the driver default when no ig-platform-id injected (would require looking at the SKL driver disassembly to see what it does when it finds no AAPL,ig-platform-id).

Hi,
I tried to build a new machine with i7-7700 & HD 630, the graphics kext is loaded successfully but no acceleration.
Here are some steps I've done:
1. Set BIOS to IGPU primary, 128mb VRAM.
2. Install the newest clover and set FakeCUPID to 0x0506E3.
3. Set Fake ID IntelGFX to 0x19128086.
4. Set ig-platform-id to 0x19120000. (Also tried 0x19120001, kernel panic)
5. Set InjectIntel to True.
6. Apply FrameBuffer patch for 4 display. (For DVI port, HDMI port can works without this step)
7. Install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext in /L/E and rebuild kernel cache with Kext Utility.

I can boot into MacOS without problem, and System Report shows kext is loaded successfully, but graphics is still laggy.
I also notice the IntelAccelerator node is not show in my IORegistryExplorer.
Could you help me? Thank you.

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 14.08.29.png Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 14.08.52.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.2 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Hi,
I tried to build a new machine with i7-7700 & HD 630, the graphics kext is loaded successfully but no acceleration.
Here are some steps I've done:
1. Set BIOS to IGPU primary, 128mb VRAM.
2. Install the newest clover and set FakeCUPID to 0x0506E3.
3. Set Fake ID IntelGFX to 0x19128086.
4. Set ig-platform-id to 0x19120000. (Also tried 0x19120001, kernel panic)
5. Set InjectIntel to True.
6. Apply FrameBuffer patch for 4 display. (For DVI port, HDMI port can works without this step)
7. Install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext in /L/E and rebuild kernel cache with Kext Utility.

I can boot into MacOS without problem, and System Report shows kext is loaded successfully, but graphics is still laggy.
I also notice the IntelAccelerator node is not show in my IORegistryExplorer.
Could you help me? Thank you.

View attachment 234037 View attachment 234038

The ioreg image shows FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext is not installed.

I got 7700K and Asus TUF Z270-Mark 1 working using FakeCPUID 0x0506e3. Everything seems to be working including Speedstep and sleep. The only thing that I still can't get to work is the 2nd Nic port (Intel 219V), IntelMausiEthernet.kext doesn't seems to work with it. Oh, and it loses internet connection on Intel 211 (using AppleIGB.kext) after it wakes up from sleep. I have to turn it off and on again to get it to work again, no need to reboot.

Update:
Intel 219V is finally recognized and working properly with IntelMausiEthernet.kext after the latest bios update(0701). Intel 211 still loses connection after system wakes up from sleep but Intel 219V seems to maintain connection just fine.

Hi,
I have a configuration similar to yours. It is composed of an Asus Maximus IX Formula and the Intel Core i7-7700. I tried yesterday to install MacOS Sierra but when I boot on the key, I have a Black screen. Can you tell me how have you change the FakeCPUID 0x0506e3 please?
Thank you

Hi RehabMan, after wasting some days to correct my system. I decided to start from scratch and made it till here kindly have look into attached files and guide me a bit not fed up of reading same things again and again. at leat just help me what I am doing wrong now I even took my R9 280x out. Thanks for your help in advance. its my 4k monitor coz don't have 1080p and really do not want to spend/waste more on the performance/result I am getting so far.

Hi @muhammadqaiser5

We have the same Hardware configuration. The difference is, my monitor is a 1440p one (DP+HDMI), instead of 4k like yours. Also I don't use a WiFi card, just a Bluetooth adaptor, and it's working fine.

I'm thinking in using your Clover folder and see if it just works on my system, I'll do this in the morning (Spain here).
But I'm wondering if you have made any changes since you posted it here. Also, would you mind posting your config.plist so I can compare it with mine?
Did you get Killer Ethernet working (E2500)? Mine was working right after the first fresh install of Sierra. After Multibeast it's dead, for now at least.
I also see you have a GTX 1070 installed, I have a GTX 1080 (for W10 only). It's plugged in, did you remove it before installing and configuring it all?

Cheers!
g.

Hello @RehabMan Thanks for all the work as usual. Helping a friend with a build here. 7700K with z170x gaming 7, no discrete gpu. Having employed all that is necessary we still dont have QE (chess flickering, no 'show features' on dvd player).
Attached are his stripped EFI folder and IOREG and a screenshot from ioreg. Let us know if you need anything else.
Screenshot%202017-02-15%2011.39.36.png

IOReg: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vafw28rd15dggj/M.J.F.’s iMac.ioreg?dl=1
Stripped (no themes etc) EFI folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5tct78rd1hcf7v/EFI.zip?dl=1
config.plist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2os3pvp0li9jgvz/config.plist?dl=1

Last edited:
Hello @RehabMan Thanks for all the work as usual. Helping a friend with a build here. 7700K with z170x gaming 7, no discrete gpu. Having employed all that is necessary we still dont have QE (chess flickering, no 'show features' on dvd player).
Attached are his stripped EFI folder and IOREG and a screenshot from ioreg. Let us know if you need anything else.
Screenshot%202017-02-15%2011.39.36.png

IOReg: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vafw28rd15dggj/M.J.F.’s iMac.ioreg?dl=1
Stripped (no themes etc) EFI folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5tct78rd1hcf7v/EFI.zip?dl=1
config.plist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2os3pvp0li9jgvz/config.plist?dl=1

You need to install FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back