Contribute
Register

Kaby Lake HD620 working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanx that helped i still cant get my darn set up to install all the way. I keep getting circle with line (prohibition sign). This is my very first build any help would be a godsend...
The message "Still waiting for root device" might mean that the device you're trying to boot works in EFI, but not in Mac OS. If you're booting from a USB flash drive, you may have connected it to a USB port that Mac OS doesn't support by default.

Does your USB flash drive have the XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in the Clover kexts folder?

Hello, I'm new in hackintosh, and i need some help. For now i'm stuck on system boot.
My config:
Asus z270g
i7 7700k
NVME SSD PLEXTOR M8Pe PX-512M8PeG 512Гб (working after editing clover plist)
Clover seted up with FakeCPU and other stuffs
IMG_0424.JPG

Last edited:
"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

You're right. Thank you.

The message "Still waiting for root device" might mean that the device you're trying to boot works in EFI, but not in Mac OS. If you're booting from a USB flash drive, you may have connected it to a USB port that Mac OS doesn't support by default.

Does your USB flash drive have the XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in the Clover kexts folder?

i dont think it does, i will try my usb thumb drive on a different port and see if that works...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 117
i dont think it does, i will try my usb thumb drive on a different port and see if that works...

You have no kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts. You cannot possibly expect to boot macOS/OS X without FakeSMC.kext (and likely will require other kexts).

joevt & RehabMan you were right about the kext files and usb ports i needed to educate myself on them. Thank you!! i installed the kext files GitHub - RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All: Kext to inject all USB ports for the installed Intel EHCI/XHCI chipset automatically. & https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/fakesmc.325/ with kext wizard after i mounted USB EFI folder and in the EFI/Clover/kexts/10.2 folder and the EFI/Clover/kexts/other (to be double/triple sure i guess). that got me going thank you. i also tried a usb port on the back connected/attached to the mobo.

Note: i found a config.plist i will include it that also probably helped, and i removed my 980 ti card if that made a difference. i will be working with the post installation stuff and install my graphics card tomorrow or this weekend and upon success i will be compiling every last thing i did to make it work and answer any questions i can.

i noticed the processor speed is noted at 3.60 GHz and a couple other things on the diagnostics but i am sure when i run multibeast and settings in clover it should come along... (?)

Attachments

• IMG_0986.JPG
    IMG_0986.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0985.JPG
    IMG_0985.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 286
  • IMG_0984.JPG
    IMG_0984.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0983.JPG
    IMG_0983.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0980.JPG
    IMG_0980.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 274
  • config.plist
    3.3 KB · Views: 243
i noticed the processor speed is noted at 3.60 GHz and a couple other things on the diagnostics but i am sure when i run multibeast and settings in clover it should come along... (?)
You'll want to make adjustments using ssdtPRGen.sh
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

You'll want to run a benchmark utility such as GeekBench 4.app before and after you make changes to see how the performance is changing. Also check the results of AppleIntelInfo.kext in the /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat file before and after you make changes to verify that the power states range is improved. Use Intel Power Gadget to see the min (idle - when no windows are open and no apps are running) and max (during benchmark) CPU frequency. Following are two posts by me that describe my results:
#103 #105

Hello Guys thanks for what you doing, im excited about getting my hackintosh done.
After following this tutorial https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cpus-200-series-motherboards-in-macos.211743/

I got MacOS Sierra working and booting.
but I got a problem from there. it says use KextBeast to patch FakeCPUid and Hd graphic, and im sure if im doing right.
should I select System/Librairy/extension or Library/Extensions.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2017-03-31 à 19.18.05.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-03-31 à 19.18.05.png
    827.3 KB · Views: 196
Hello Guys thanks for what you doing, im excited about getting my hackintosh done.
After following this tutorial https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cpus-200-series-motherboards-in-macos.211743/

I got MacOS Sierra working and booting.
but I got a problem from there. it says use KextBeast to patch FakeCPUid and Hd graphic, and im sure if im doing right.
should I select System/Librairy/extension or Library/Extensions.

Mount the EFI for the boot drive and just place the kext(Kernel Extension) files in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.2 folder and/or the EFI/Clover/kexts/other folders and you should be good to go... they are just extension files so you just put them where they need to be no need for the special installer (correct me if i am wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back