Contribute
Register

Kaby Lake HD620 working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you make a tutorial on the FakeID/FakePCIID stuff? Using FakeCPUID and your NVMe guide I was successfully able to install sierra on my 960 evo (very happy that worked out), but I'm a bit confused how to do this patching to get onboard graphics to work on the i5-7600k.

Could you make a tutorial on the FakeID/FakePCIID stuff? Using FakeCPUID and your NVMe guide I was successfully able to install sierra on my 960 evo (very happy that worked out), but I'm a bit confused how to do this patching to get onboard graphics to work on the i5-7600k.

Is is very simple... the only special setting for graphics is:
config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x19168086

Otherwise it is normal setup for Skylake graphics... That gets you CI.

And then you install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, which enables QE.

As for the menu bar glitch, that is documented elsewhere since it is same as for Skylake (injecting AAPL,GfxYTile via config.plist/Devices/AddProperties)

Is is very simple... the only special setting for graphics is:
config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x19168086

Otherwise it is normal setup for Skylake graphics... That gets you CI.

And then you install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, which enables QE.

As for the menu bar glitch, that is documented elsewhere since it is same as for Skylake (injecting AAPL,GfxYTile via config.plist/Devices/AddProperties)
So I make the config.plist change, add the kext files, boot into OSX, and run multibeast to install the skylake graphics package? I havent done any multibeast stuff yet and I'm not sure if the ordering is important.

Also, I'm using a 1000 series graphics card for my windows partition, which isn't compatible with mac. Is there anyway to ensure the motherboard display ports output even when the graphics card is plugged in? I assume I have to plug my monitor into the motherboard and not the graphics card for OSX to use onboard graphics.

So I make the config.plist change, add the kext files, boot into OSX, and run multibeast to install the skylake graphics package? I havent done any multibeast stuff yet and I'm not sure if the ordering is important.

How you get the correct settings does not matter.
You don't need the FakePCIID kexts until post-install.

Also, I'm using a 1000 series graphics card for my windows partition, which isn't compatible with mac. Is there anyway to ensure the motherboard display ports output even when the graphics card is plugged in? I assume I have to plug my monitor into the motherboard and not the graphics card for OSX to use onboard graphics.

Correct BIOS settings for IGPU and yes you will need to plug the monitor into the motherboard to use the IGPU.

That's depends on what you meant by using onboard graphic. If you mean like using it as in powering the monitor, then yes you need to plug the monitor to one of the onboard graphic's ports. If you mean like using it as in parallel processing the information with the dedicated graphic card, then no you don't need to plug the monitor to one of its ports. Some apps will take advantage of multiple graphic cards you have on the system, regardless, if you have a monitor plug to it or not as long you have proper working drivers for them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back