Contribute
Register

Kaby Lake HD620 working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reread your post, so 100 series use an offset of 80?

I'm pretty sure that's what I found when I correlated the one of the supported ids with LCTL_Offset=80 (0x50) with its corresponding (probably 9-series) chipset data sheet, then cross referenced it to the 100-series chipset data sheet.

It is a bit of a gray area... But I think LTCL_Offset of 420 is from much older chipsets.

It is still debatable as to whether you need AppleLPC to load on Skylake, as the iMac17,1 doesn't load it. But I haven't seen any ioreg from the newer MacBooks (which might be better to look at due to use of IGPU).

I'm pretty sure that's what I found when I correlated the one of the supported ids with LCTL_Offset=80 (0x50) with its corresponding (probably 9-series) chipset data sheet, then cross referenced it to the 100-series chipset data sheet.

It is a bit of a gray area... But I think LTCL_Offset of 420 is from much older chipsets.

It is still debatable as to whether you need AppleLPC to load on Skylake, as the iMac17,1 doesn't load it. But I haven't seen any ioreg from the newer MacBooks (which might be better to look at due to use of IGPU).

I will change it to 80 for now. That might explains why my system doesn't seems to act any different with or without it loaded.

I will change it to 80 for now. That might explains why my system doesn't seems to act any different with or without it loaded.

I think even with 80 it won't act differently... although some people reported different results on laptops when I did the same for Skylake (but with ACPI patch).

Not sure if it real, right, or significant yet. Would like to see more Skylake Apple ioreg files...

I'm at the point where I've edited the plist but haven't added the kexts, I boot up the installed OSX and run multibeast, select HD530 graphics, and install. Everything works fine until it gets to the HD530 installation at which point it fails. The logs don't provide much help (can't get them in entirety because my mac has no internet yet):

install.log:
Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package "Clover-HD530-Graphics.pkg"." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Volumes/USB/Multibeast.app/Contents/Resources/Clover-HD530-Graphics.pjg, KInstallPackageIdentifier=org.tonymacx86.Clover.HD530-4-Displays.pkg, NSLocalizedDescription=An Error occur... etc

Multibeast.log has nothing that the above doesn't.

Any idea why this is happening?

Last edited:
I'm at the point where I've edited the plist but haven't added the kexts, I boot up the installed OSX and run multibeast, select HD530 graphics, and install. Everything works fine until it gets to the HD530 installation at which point it fails. The logs don't provide much help (can't get them in entirety because my mac has no internet yet):

install.log:
Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package "Clover-HD530-Graphics.pkg"." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Volumes/USB/Multibeast.app/Contents/Resources/Clover-HD530-Graphics.pjg, KInstallPackageIdentifier=org.tonymacx86.Clover.HD530-4-Displays.pkg, NSLocalizedDescription=An Error occur... etc

Multibeast.log has nothing that the above doesn't.

Any idea why this is happening?

You probably didn't install Clover to your HDD.

You probably didn't install Clover to your HDD.
Indeed, I ran MultiBeast once just to install Clover, then ran it again to install HD530 and it worked.

With that done I installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext using Kext Wizard (I had previously just moved them to /Library/Extensions, which also didn't work, but your guide for FakePCIID recommends Kext Wizard). After reboot, my screen was just going black 3/4 of the way through OS X boot. I fixed this by going into clover settings and disabling the Intel graphics injection. Now it boots and outputs 4k to the monitor, but "about this mac" still says "Graphics Display 31 MB." System Information shows a built-in GPU with vendor Intel, but the kernel extension info says "No Kext Loaded." It outputs in 4k, but there are a slew of graphical tears and glitches that seem to indicate a struggling GPU.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 2.02.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 2.02.12 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 217
  • config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back