Contribute
Register

Kaby Lake HD620 working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, I ran Multibeast once just to install Clover, then ran it again to install HD530 and it worked.

With that done I installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext using Kext Wizard (I had previously just moved them to /Library/Extensions, which also didn't work, but your guide for FakePCIID recommends Kext Wizard). After reboot, my screen was just going black 3/4 of the way through OSX boot. I fixed this by going into clover settings and disabling the intel graphics injection. Now it boots and outputs 4k to the monitor, but "about this mac" still says "Graphics Display 31 MB." System Information shows a built-in GPU with vendor Intel, but the kernel extension info says "No Kext Loaded." It outputs in 4k, but there are a slew of graphical tears and glitches that seem to indicate a struggling GPU.

Any ideas?

You must set config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true if you expect graphics to work.

You must set config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true if you expect graphics to work.
Okay, any idea why the screen is just going black part way through boot? I can provide more information if it would help.

Okay, any idea why the screen is just going black part way through boot? I can provide more information if it would help.

Check:
- DVMT-prealloc set to 64mb+
- monitor connected to IGPU with DP, DVI-D, or HDMI (VGA not supported)
- IGPU primary
- VT-d disabled

I'm using Intel GFX FakeID '0x19128086' on my i7-7700K's IGPU.
I think I saw that one on a previous post and switched to it because it's the same hd630 graphics, unfortunately it doesn't help. Really this is a 4k display problem, and the only guides I can find seem to be specific for certain laptops. Some people recommend using XPS9530-OSX but I'm not sure if using it on a different system could cause problems.

When you placed pciid kexts in Library/Extensions did you just place them there or did you use kextbeast to place them? If you just place them and don't get repair permissions and rebuild caches they won't take.
I moved them with cp -R and repaired permissions/rebuilt caches using Kext Utility. Also my guess is that if the kexts were broken then it wouldn't have worked on a 1080p display either.

I also tried "./XPS9530.sh --patch-pixelclock" with no luck

Last edited:
Did you also copy what inside the ACPI->patched folder? You need 'SSDT - 7700K.aml' for CPU PM and 'SSDT-HD530.aml' for iGPU.
yes I DID

If change any of the values in IntelGFX to 0x19120000 it recognize my 4k monitor but memory of the GPU shows only 31GB and graphics gets so laggy.

attached is the main error which is getting on my nerves now for last 2 days. to get into OSX or Installer disk I have to change the value in bios of integrated Graphics from (initiate graphic adapter) IGD>PEG or vice versa. started heating this error now to be very honest. I used your config.plist file because that is the file which is allowing me to get in USB/OS X.

any help and which other changes I have to work on in order to get it a bit better. I have an AMD RADEON R9 280X card but its not on me at the moment will get that sometime in next week so until then I have to keep my GTX1070 out of PC and work on current hardware. Please help me? Thanks in advance

yes I DID

If change any of the values in IntelGFX to 0x19120000 it recognize my 4k monitor but memory of the GPU shows only 31GB and graphics gets so laggy.

attached is the main error which is getting on my nerves now for last 2 days. to get into OSX or Installer disk I have to change the value in bios of integrated Graphics from (initiate graphic adapter) IGD>PEG or vice versa. started heating this error now to be very honest. I used your config.plist file because that is the file which is allowing me to get in USB/OS X.

any help and which other changes I have to work on in order to get it a bit better. I have an AMD RADEON R9 280X card but its not on me at the moment will get that sometime in next week so until then I have to keep my GTX1070 out of PC and work on current hardware. Please help me? Thanks in advance

Did you try allocate 64MB or 96MB to IGPU in the bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back