Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

I just bought a Customac from a friend. It's based on the Mac Mini Deluxe recommendations here, and is specced thusly:

Intel Core i5 4670K
Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Vengeance
Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI Motherboard
Seagate 1TB
Corsair 430W PSU

I'd like to add a GPU to this to give it a bit more oomph when gaming, and it's a toss up between a 760GTX and a 670 GTX. Anyone got any thoughts regarding the better card, both in terms of compatibility and performance.

Also, would I need to do a fresh install if I install this? Or would it be just a case of tweaking the settings in Multibeast? I'm considering creating a Fusion Drive with a spare SSD I have anyway, but as i've never installed OS X on PC hardware i'm a bit hesitant.

Hi All,

I just bought a Customac from a friend. It's based on the Mac Mini Deluxe recommendations here, and is specced thusly:

Intel Core i5 4670K
Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Vengeance
Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI Motherboard
Seagate 1TB
Corsair 430W PSU

I'd like to add a GPU to this to give it a bit more oomph when gaming, and it's a toss up between a 760GTX and a 670 GTX. Anyone got any thoughts regarding the better card, both in terms of compatibility and performance.

Also, would I need to do a fresh install if I install this? Or would it be just a case of tweaking the settings in Multibeast? I'm considering creating a Fusion Drive with a spare SSD I have anyway, but as i've never installed OS X on PC hardware i'm a bit hesitant.

I dont know anythng about the 670 GTX but my GTX 760 works awesome right out of the box. No drivers or kexts needed.

I dont know anythng about the 670 GTX but my GTX 760 works awesome right out of the box. No drivers or kexts needed.

+1 I'd go with the newer 760 over the 670.

+1 I'd go with the newer 760 over the 670.

Thanks for the prompt replies, the other key difference is price - I can get a deal on a new MSI 670 for £140, whereas an equivalent MSI 760 would be £200. I don't really mind as i've budgeted for this, but is it really worth it?

Check out ebay - You can get a GTX760 for around £165 including delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back