Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your assistance, but this wouldn't work for me, since I'm running on a GTX970. When I was still using the HD530, I actually tried removing the Intel KEXT's, but to no avail. I got it working with a modified iMac.kext and an older version of Shiki. But since the new updates came out, this solution has stopped working and I'm back to square one.

Don't know if you've tried this but...

I placed Lilu.kext v.1 and the latest plug-in version of Shiki.kext v.2 in my CLOVER/kexts/Other folder (not S/L/E or L/E) and iTunes DRM video plays fine now. (After many years of either not working or breaking up soon after starting.)

:)

UtterDisbelief, do you get HD iTunes video?
I only get SD...
;)

Good question. :)

The only proper full HD media I have bought from iTunes was a TV show. Strangely it no longer appears in my purchased content ... o_O

All my other DRM videos are indeed SD. I stopped buying much when this problem first appeared. I'm glad I can once again watch what I've already paid for - except the disappeared item - but won't be buying any more any time soon in case the problem resurfaces... Ho-hum :rolleyes:

I'm only able to play SD content. HD content will play briefly before the video playback flickers then goes black and then I get an error stating my device does not support HDCP.

Good question. :)

The only proper full HD media I have bought from iTunes was a TV show. Strangely it no longer appears in my purchased content ... o_O

All my other DRM videos are indeed SD. I stopped buying much when this problem first appeared. I'm glad I can once again watch what I've already paid for - except the disappeared item - but won't be buying any more any time soon in case the problem resurfaces... Ho-hum :rolleyes:
With my system, I only have TRON as a movie I bought via iTunes. Before I got the nVidia card, I could not watch it - errored out. After the card, Lilu + Shiki + -shikigva, seems to have gotten me running. Now, I have also taken steps to ensure my video card is properly recognized by the system. I am pretty sure that came after the kexts were in place. But, perhaps you need the correct SSDT and other settings?

Just wanted to drop in and thank everyone on this thread. Lilu 1.1.1 and Shiki 2.0.1 and the resets way back in the first post, and finally I'm getting SD and HD playback on my monitor *and* attached TV. Needed to re-authorise both my iTunes accounts, but after that… working

Thank you all.

Just want to thank the folks who work so hard on these solutions, preview and playback of HD MOVIES is working perfect. OSX 10.12.4 with the latest Lily, Shiki and the terminal command in the first post for Nvidia cards. BTW I am using the Z97MX Gaming with a GTX660

I have not started downloading DRM content due to this glitch... I have two hackintosh, a Haswell laptop with HD4400 & 1366x768 res, and a full blown desktop with 1080p & GTX 670 2GB, both with full UEFI Clover boot and latest iTunes.

The method on the Shiki WIKI to get a free DRM trailer from iTunes does not seem to work for me. Does anyone know how to test DRM Trailer for free in iTunes?

NOTE: desktop is Sandy Bridge CPU dual-boot, Windows shows HDCP compatible (DVI->DVI).

I wish there was a way to test for HDCP continuity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back