Contribute
Register

iTunes HD content not working on my ivy Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
iTunes 11.0.1 is the last version that worked. If you upgraded to 11.0.2 then there is no current fix.

I'm not sure whether it's as simple as this. I have a hack running ML 10.8.2 and iTunes 11.0.2 and I can play iTunes protected content just fine. My latest build runs ML 10.8.3 and iTunes 11.0.2 and refuses to play iTunes protected media. The Lion hack I have just 'retired' was also running iTunes 11.0.2 and would play protected content. Suggests to me that the problem lies in part with the recent upgrade to ML 10.8.3.

Thankfully we watch our movies/TV Shows on my Apple TV, which will still stream the content just fine from my latest hack.....I would be in trouble if my wee lad couldn't watch his favourite shows!!

I'm not sure whether it's as simple as this. I have a hack running ML 10.8.2 and iTunes 11.0.2 and I can play iTunes protected content just fine. My latest build runs ML 10.8.3 and iTunes 11.0.2 and refuses to play iTunes protected media. The Lion hack I have just 'retired' was also running iTunes 11.0.2 and would play protected content. Suggests to me that the problem lies in part with the recent upgrade to ML 10.8.3.

Thankfully we watch our movies/TV Shows on my Apple TV, which will still stream the content just fine from my latest hack.....I would be in trouble if my wee lad couldn't watch his favourite shows!!

The 32-Bit mode never worked for me and I've been at it for almost a year now...iTunes 11.0.3 is out..this is still an issue.

Any update on this? Thought I had a perfect hack for a second there, getting garbled screen with all iTunes videos. z77e-itx > hd4000.

This should probably be put as a sticky, its a pretty massive fail for hackintosh htpc as far as I can see, I get all my content from iTunes store!

This should probably be put as a sticky, its a pretty massive fail for hackintosh htpc as far as I can see, I get all my content from iTunes store!

Indeed, I wish I would have known this before I bought this system, along with the green audio jack issue...granted the black jack works, still it's a bit annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back