Contribute
Register

iTunes HD content not working on my ivy Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought maybe an apple cinema display may fix the problem or use the display port instead of HDMI, DVI, VGA to the current monitor.

I don't get any warnings - just a blank screen no video or audio, in both purchased content and in iTunes trailers.

iTunes is not working for me now either (10.8.3 with iTunes 11.0.2). It was working not very long ago, but I can't recall if that was before or after 10.8.3 so it is unclear what broke playing protected content. Unprotected videos play fine. I don't see any messages in the Console logs, so no help there so far.

I tried removing my 650 Ti graphics card and used the HD4000 graphics. I had forgotten to change GraphicsEnabler (left it at "No") and I was surprised to find that trying to play videos now, I could hear the audio but there was no video, and it was the same for protected and unprotected videos in iTunes. I expect that was because QE was not enabled (no ripples in Dashboard).

When I rebooted with GE=Yes with HD 4000, (QE now enabled) I was back to being able to play unprotected videos, but nothing (no audio or video) from protected videos. I now had the Airplay icon in my menubar (odd since I use MacPro 3,1). Since there was no improvement in videos, I replaced my 650 Ti card, so still can't play iTunes protected videos. I can live with it for now (I have an Apple TV and an iPad to play videos on), but I would like to find out how to fix this.

I have not yet tried the edits to enable both the 650 Ti and HD 4000- given the above experience, I am not so sure it would work. Has anyone found this approach to work?

Maybe it's worth comparing how we connect our monitors to what cards, to find out what works and what doesn't.

So here is my setup:

GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7_3770k, Intel HD4000 and GTX 660 Ti connected via DisplayPort to Dell U2711 -> no protected HD movie plays. iTunes trailers don't play.

Cheers,

John

GA-Z77X-UP5TH, i7_3770k, GTX 670 - HDMI to monitor (Tried DVI)

iTunes trailers & HD content - not working (black screen).

Also tried direct from the on board graphics (HD4000) with HDMI & VGA

GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7_3770k, GTX 670, HDMI to Denon AVR, to Samsung UN46D8000, was playing fine up till last week (w/o the 32bit trick), and then all of a sudden, black screen, non progressing on all HD... I also started getting random errors about authorizations and about the monitor size being too small. But, i reset the warnings on iTunes and kept messing w/ it and those never came back. I tried wiping the drive and going back to 10.8.2 and iTunes 10.6, but even w/ the 32bit trick that was no longer working. Went back up to 10.8.3 and still no luck. It plays fine under Windows 8 with iTunes 11 however.

I am pretty sure that this worked in the GM and updating either the system or iTunes will cause this issue.
The one question I have is does this work for anybody at all?

I also have this issue on my Z77X-UD5H, HD6870 and HDCP compliant Toshiba TV connected via DVI/HDMI.

I have finally found a use for Windows 8 which I bought some time ago and never used. I have it installed on a separate SSD but can also load it from within 10.8.3 in a Virtual Machine (VMWARE FUSION) so I can load iTunes in that and watch my HD content with no issues.

Yes it is working on my Core duo Build (Legacy Bios) with 8400gs with DSDT with 10.8.3 and 11.0.2. With my Customac Mini (Ivy UEFI Bios) configuration I still have had no luck getting itunes HD/SD content to play. Either using 32/64 bit.

I even created a DSDT for the Ivy and enabled HDMI still with no avail. I have spent hours trying to get this to work. Even considered purchasing a graphics card to see if that made a difference but it seems it also happens with graphics cards too not just HD4000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back