Contribute
Register

iTunes HD content not working on my ivy Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
That worked for me. Thank you so much. :)

This did the trick for me. Thanks!

Same problem here;

GA-Z77X-UD5H
HD5870 1GB
iTunes 11.01
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Set iTunes to 32 bit and now all protected video loads/plays fine. Damn that's stupid.

Try this:
I could not play purchased HD TV shows and movies from iTunes anymore! I finally figured it out to some extent, by that I mean I'm pretty sure this fixed my problem, though I'm not exactly sure why...yet.

I was, silly me, running itunes in 64 bit mode in ML. In order to get HD content to play on my hdmi connected Panasonic HD TV I have to run iTunes in 32 bit mode.

To run itunes in 32-bit mode, select the itunes application in the Finder, choose the "get info" command int he file menu, and check the "open in 32-bit mode" checkbox in the itunes info window.".....bada bing!

Not sure what kind of repercussions this might have yet but I can now watch Game of Thrones in HD! Hope this helps you all.

Now getting a black screen in 32 bit and 64 bit is anyone else having the problem....in fact getting black screen if i try and play sd movie trailers as well

Very, very weird. My new build (GA-Z77X-UD5H, Core i7-3770k, HD4000) showed the same symptoms: most (but not all) of my iTunes videos didn't play including movie trailers in the iTunes store. The Quciktime view window opened, but the timebar didn't progress and the view stayed black. No error message, no nothing. The movie just didn't seem to start at all.
Changing the startup mode of iTunes to 32-bit solved the issue and all my movies and iTunes store trailers play fine now.

Weird...

Cheers,

John

Try this:
I could not play purchased HD TV shows and movies from iTunes anymore! I finally figured it out to some extent, by that I mean I'm pretty sure this fixed my problem, though I'm not exactly sure why...yet.

I was, silly me, running itunes in 64 bit mode in ML. In order to get HD content to play on my hdmi connected Panasonic HD TV I have to run iTunes in 32 bit mode.

To run itunes in 32-bit mode, select the itunes application in the Finder, choose the "get info" command int he file menu, and check the "open in 32-bit mode" checkbox in the itunes info window.".....bada bing!

Not sure what kind of repercussions this might have yet but I can now watch Game of Thrones in HD! Hope this helps you all.

With iTunes 11.0.2 the 32bit trick doesnt work for me anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back