Contribute
Register

iTunes HD content not working on my ivy Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed - not working anymore after 11.0.2 :(

I updated to iTunes 11.0.2 and then none of my purchased content would work (neither SD or HD). I have iTunes running 32bit and nothing I could not get the videos to work... Just a black screen and no sound. I clone my OS ever month or so... I tried to copy iTunes 11.0.1 application from my backup and I still couldn't get anything to work. There must be something else Apple put in with 11.0.2 that is causing the problem. I eventually restored my clone from my back up and I'm up and running.

If anyone has any ideas or fixes I think this is going to be a common problem a people update.

I'm running i7 3770 with a GTX 650.

I too am not able to play HD content. I have HDCP compliant TV, Monitor, and Graphics cards as all my HD content works fine in my Windows 7 boot. This is simply a software issue with the hackintosh installation. This is way beyond me to fix. People got the iMessage fix out, I know they can get this problem fixed as well. I have faith! My machine specs should be in my profile

Same here. Itunes 11.0.2 seems to be the problem!

Realized for me that it's any purchased video content that will not play. SD video results in a black screen, HD video results in the HDCP error.

Anyone have an ideas about this yet?

Thanks, I've had the same problem. Downgraded to 10.7 using the guide above, and now have got my movies back :)

Any body found a solution to this ? (other than reverting to 10.7)

My hack is hooked up to receiver and then to tv and does not work
Direct to tv and does not work.
Boot into windows 7 and it works
Acquire EDID from windows and matches EDID from Mac
Did a darwin dump of system profiler and compared to dump of Mac Mini 6,2 ....HDCP on Mac mini and none on Hack
Switched to mac mini 5,3 and downgraded Itunes to 10.7 and no more distorted video but HDCP warnings
Itunes did work on 10.8 so something has obviously changed since then.
Next step? Going to get hdmi 1.4 or redmere hdmi cable and perhaps a displayport to Hdmi converter. Switch 4870 to 5xxx or 6xxx card? It could be a missing key in fakesmc or something in the dsdt. i really have no idea any more.

I have a z77x-ud5h -3770k- Intel HD 4000 enabled with hdmi audio and radeon 4870

Anybody care to chime in?

I'm smart enough to propose maybe the presence of the VGA port has something to do with it? But not smart enough to test that theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back