Contribute
Register

Issue with the USB 3.0 chip (renesas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@thelostswede, Downloaded the CalDigitUninstaller, ran and rebooted. Loaded USB 3.0 in MB 5.02, rebooted and had no USB devices at all, not even mouse and keyboard on USB 2.0. Restored from clone drive so no issue but looks like it will take some time to work out this Z77/USB 3.0 issue.

thelostswede: I downloaded the uninstaller, uninstalled it, rebooted, reinstalled the CalDigit drivers from 5.0.2, rebooted and there was no change. It still lists in my System Information, but does not recognize anything that I plug into those ports.

Thanks for the effort, please let us know if you have any other ideas!

- Coolz

Ok, can you guys try something for me, I know this is going to sound odd, but please entertain my curiosity and it won't break your system.

Go here http://www.caldigit.com/KB/index.asp?KBID=108 and download the CalDigit Driver / Software Uninstaller, run it, reboot, then install the CalDigit drivers again and let me know how that worked out.

@thelostswede, Downloaded the CalDigitUninstaller, ran and rebooted. Loaded USB 3.0 in MB 5.02, rebooted and had no USB devices at all, not even mouse and keyboard on USB 2.0. Restored from clone drive so no issue but looks like it will take some time to work out this Z77/USB 3.0 issue.

Yeah, you can't do this on a Z77 board, I think that was explicitly mentioned in Multibeast 5.x as the drivers kill USB functionality on 7-series boards. The drivers are only for pre 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards.

thelostswede: I downloaded the uninstaller, uninstalled it, rebooted, reinstalled the CalDigit drivers from 5.0.2, rebooted and there was no change. It still lists in my System Information, but does not recognize anything that I plug into those ports.

Thanks for the effort, please let us know if you have any other ideas!

- Coolz

Did you have a look at the thing from Sonnet that I mentioned in an earlier post?

μPD720200 or μPD720200A should work, but clearly some people are having problems regardless of having these chips. The newer μPD720201/2 (two and four port) models are untested and afaik no motherboard maker uses them.

That said, I have the ASM1042 controller up and running at full speed just fine using the CalDigit drivers and I even have the on-board Etron EJ168 chip working, albeit not at optimal speed, but still way faster than USB 2.0 at an excess of 120MB/s, but the ASM1042 hits over 190MB/s using the same USB 3.0 enclosure.

My chip as an F1 after it; not an A or blank. It's on the MSI MB

Yeah, you can't do this on a Z77 board, I think that was explicitly mentioned in Multibeast 5.x as the drivers kill USB functionality on 7-series boards. The drivers are only for pre 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards.
That's what happens when I don't follow my own advice!
If you can read you're a "Genius",

Thanks-

I didn't think it pertained to my situation when you mentioned it; however, I just went ahead and installed the Sonnet System Support Installer, rebooted and it didn't help.

Thanks,

- Coolz

Did you have a look at the thing from Sonnet that I mentioned in an earlier post?

Yeah, that part doesn't matter, anything after the last 0 or the A has no bearing on if it'll work or not.

OK. Well, mine doesn't work either. But, I may have the IOUSB family of kexts screwed up. Can you post which kexts tend to work with the Renasas chip and their dates?

I put in those KB3 ones, I know. But now I can't determine the best combination????????

Thanks

Ok, PLEASE do NOT install any other kexts, it'll screw up your install.

The CalDigit drivers in the latest MultiBeast are separate drivers and won't mess anything up on non 7-series LGA-1155 boards. There's no need to remove anything and they install in S/L/E and are called CalDigit something, so you can easily find them and delete them.

I've tested on a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-D3 board and as I said, the Etron controller works, but not as fast as my ASMedia ASM1042 card. I don't have anything with the NEC chip, so I can test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back