Contribute
Register

Issue with the USB 3.0 chip (renesas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check box in 5.0.2 is the USB3.0 check box:
Drivers and Bootloaders > Miscellaneous > USB 3.0 - 3rd Party

BartMan,

On an earlier page, I stated I had the original Renesas 720700 Chip with F1 suffix. From above in your list of three ways. 1 and 3 do not work. I did not try 2, yet. What check boxes do you mean in 5.0.2???

I tried method 2 and ran MB 5.0.2 and checked USB 3rd party. Now the super-speed Bus says CalDigitUSBxHCI; but, no devices show?
Thanks for suggesting.

EDIT: with method 2 my Logitech USB software also quit working.

Ok then, since it quite cheap, I'll bite the bullet and order it.

Hi Tot, would you please provide a link where you've bought an ASMedia 1061 SATA3 Controller at ebay? Thank you.

I just purchased every 3.0 card that Microcenter had and worked through them one by one (6 total). Well, I found one that works (!) with the USB 3.0 kexts (CalDigit) installed on Multibeast 5.0.2 under ML. Did not use LaCie driver or PHXCD. So far, works 100%. Tried with several different 3.0 devices as all good, no disconnect and didn't affect my sleep.

It has Asmedia chip BTW. All the other cards had Renesis or NEC chip which would show up in devices, but would not connect any devices.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0382275

RGA,

Is this card still working? And which Kexts did you end up using?

Finally I found working USB 3.0 drivers for my mainboard Gigabyte X58-UD5: http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2870&page=2 (the one called DP3.kexts.zip).

Thanks to this driver my usb 3.0 port can handle usb 3.0 and usb 2.0 components.
Even did a speed comparison with a usb 3.0 stick copying 2 GB:
USB 2.0 port: 1 minute 38 seconds
USB 3.0 port (with this driver): 1 minute 19 seconds (it's not the fastest usb 3.0 stick)

BTW.: My mainboard uses NEC D720200F1 chip.

Hi,

I have the same motherboard and I got the USB 3.0 ports working with the LaCie drivers included in the last Multibeast. But it only works with an USB3 stick, which really has a 2x faster read speed, but as soon as I connect an external hard drive, nothing happens at all. I tried to install the DP3.kexts and it remains the same. I don't know if before installing the DP3.kexts I should have removed any other kexts?

I also found on one website that I may update the NEC firmware - I downloaded it and it's and .exe file. Do I need to use it? Is there another way to run it than installing Windows? I would like to avoid more days spent tuning the dual boot ...

I will be grateful for any help!

Received a usb 3.0 flash drive today and thanks to the info in this thread I got it to work in my 3.0 port.

Initially, it was not recognized in 3.0 nor 2.0 ports. The CalDigit kexts from MultiBeast 5.2.0 did not work but the LaCie 1.0.10 did! I am on 10.8.2

However, I have a question. While the usb 3.0 flash drive works in a usb3 port, it is not recognized when I plug it into a usb2 port. Is this supposed to happen? USB 2 drives work in both types of ports

Thanks!

Hi,

I have the same motherboard and I got the USB 3.0 ports working with the LaCie drivers included in the last Multibeast. But it only works with an USB3 stick, which really has a 2x faster read speed, but as soon as I connect an external hard drive, nothing happens at all. I tried to install the DP3.kexts and it remains the same. I don't know if before installing the DP3.kexts I should have removed any other kexts?

I also found on one website that I may update the NEC firmware - I downloaded it and it's and .exe file. Do I need to use it? Is there another way to run it than installing Windows? I would like to avoid more days spent tuning the dual boot ...

I will be grateful for any help!

Update!

I have solved USB 3 functionality thanx to this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...original-mac-drivers-caldigit-lacie-oyen.html

I have a P8P67 PRO Motherboard i have been using this kext for usb 3.0 and it was working well with 10.8.2 with all disks. When i updated to 10.8.4 the external usb 3.0 that its formated in ntfs still works in usb 3.0 at full speed ( im using paragon software) but another lacie external disk that are mac os extended journaled formatted does not work, its driving me crazy. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• PXHCD.kext.zip
    127.1 KB · Views: 167
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back