Contribute
Register

Issue with High WindowServer CPU usage (Potentially wrong IGPU settings?)

Motherboard
Asus Prime B560M-A
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I recently tried building my first Hackintosh, and everything is up and running, except the device is incredibly laggy, I've noticed very high CPU usage from WindowServer. I'm scared I might've gotten a mobo that I can't use, but I was wondering if y'all have any alternate solution where I might've messed up. I've tried multiple different DeviceIDs as well as framebuffer strings for CFL and CML, though without any luck. I originally installed Monterey, and the first thing I tried was to upgrade to Ventura, no luck there either. Currently running Ventura as I saw no need to go back.
My internet digging hasn't resulted in anything good. I don't think I have the funds to replace my mobo, so I'm hoping to hear if this is a common issue or at least has a cheap solution. If my plist is needed I'll happily share that as well

Best Regards
DefB

Also sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, I'm very new to using forums.

I recently tried building my first Hackintosh, and everything is up and running, except the device is incredibly laggy, I've noticed very high CPU usage from WindowServer. I'm scared I might've gotten a mobo that I can't use, but I was wondering if y'all have any alternate solution where I might've messed up. I've tried multiple different DeviceIDs as well as framebuffer strings for CFL and CML, though without any luck. I originally installed Monterey, and the first thing I tried was to upgrade to Ventura, no luck there either. Currently running Ventura as I saw no need to go back.
My internet digging hasn't resulted in anything good. I don't think I have the funds to replace my mobo, so I'm hoping to hear if this is a common issue or at least has a cheap solution. If my plist is needed I'll happily share that as well

Best Regards
DefB

Also sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, I'm very new to using forums.
it is due to 500 series motherboards and lack of iGPU support, same issue here:

you would need to use an AMD compatible card for better results

it is due to 500 series motherboards and lack of iGPU support, same issue here:

you would need to use an AMD compatible card for better results
Ah, that is what I feared.
Do you have any recommendations for a card I could use then? Also thank you so much for replying!

Best Regards
DefB

Back