Contribute
Register

Is My Build Compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I've definitely been considering an SSD, but I don't know if I want to spend the money on one right now.. A performance boost in the OS would be so nice though. I'll update my original post with memory and chassis info, but I don't know a whole lot about those off hand. I know I've got 8 GB of memory, but I don't remember the brand or frequency.

Thats cool, its all about choice.

If you post the ram part number/make/model, that would be useful. 8Gb is sufficient for a desktop, although the more the merrier when it comes to ram. One thing you will want to do is run ram in dual channel; that basically means having 2 x ram sticks e.g 2 x 4Gb or 2 x 8Gb depending what you have available. A single ram stick on its own would only run single channel and that would mean quite a performance hit.

:thumbup:

Thats cool, its all about choice.

If you post the ram part number/make/model, that would be useful. 8Gb is sufficient for a desktop, although the more the merrier when it comes to ram. One thing you will want to do is run ram in dual channel; that basically means having 2 x ram sticks e.g 2 x 4Gb or 2 x 8Gb depending what you have available. A single ram stick on its own would only run single channel and that would mean quite a performance hit.

:thumbup:
I made sure to get dual channel RAM, and I'm glad I did. Tomorrow I'll get specifics on the part information, but how would I do this? Windows doesn't provide much besides the frequency... I also updated the original post with much more information on my build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back