Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Is it still worth running a older version of mac?

Sorry about this. OC is new to me. Time to try now.

Regards

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 15.04.20.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 15.04.20.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 15
don't forget to reset nvram when you make any changes

That was something I was going to ask actually, she seemed to of booted without any issues. I just got to sort out the Themes for OC now. But doing what you suggested has worked :thumbup:

Regards

That was something I was going to ask actually, she seemed to of booted without any issues. I just got to sort out the Themes for OC now. But doing what you suggested has worked :thumbup:

Regards
yes, there are some nice themes for opencore, but best to get a working system first :) :)

yes, there are some nice themes for opencore, but best to get a working system first :) :)

Yeah that is the plan, only thing is that the Processor is wrong it should be i5 not i9.

Lilu.kext is loaded at Kernel->Add[0], but DisableLinkeditJettison is not enabled at Kernel->Quirks!
CheckKernel returns 1 error!

set Kernel > Quirks > DisableLinkeditJettison - Boolean = Yes

Also add ResetNvramEntry.efi and ToggleSipEntry.efi to your Drivers folder

Lilu.kext is loaded at Kernel->Add[0], but DisableLinkeditJettison is not enabled at Kernel->Quirks!
CheckKernel returns 1 error!

set Kernel > Quirks > DisableLinkeditJettison - Boolean = Yes

Also add ResetNvramEntry.efi and ToggleSipEntry.efi to your Drivers folder

Thanks for that :thumbup: I am trying to get a theme working but struggling.

Try this;
  1. Add the OpenCanopy.efi to your Drivers folder.
  2. Download OcBinaryData from the Acithandera GitHub.
  3. Locate the OcBinaryData > Resources > Image > Acidanthera folder and open it.
  4. Download BsxDarkFenceBlue1 from Blackosx Github.
  5. Locate the BsxDarkFenceBlue1-main and open it to reveal the Blackosx folder.
  6. Move the Blackosx folder into OcBinaryData > Resources > Image > Acidanthera folder.
  7. Should look as the format below;

1683476928267.png
  8. With this prep complete, mount your macOS EFI System Partition.
  9. Copy the modified Resources folder from OcBinaryData
  10. Paste/Replace the existing empty Resources folder located in your EFI > OC > Resources
  11. Launch your config.plist in the ProperTree Plist Editor and do an OC Snapshot using Cmd+R on your OC folder and then Save.
  12. Edit your config.plist to make the following settings;

• Misc > Boot > Hide Auxiliary : True
    • Misc > Boot > PickerMode : External
    • Misc > Boot > PickerAttributes : 144
    • Misc > Boot > PickerVariant : Acidanthera\Blackosx\BsxDarkFenceBlue1

13. Save & Reboot to view your themed GUI or feel free to change PickerVariant to display a different theme.
    Navigate the GUI using the Arrow keys, press Enter to select or press the Spacebar to reveal hidden options like Recovery, Reset NVRAM and OpenShell (in my case) thanks to the Hide Auxiliary quirk. Tab to select Restart or Shutdown
TIP - If you want to take screenshots of your the OpenCore Menu screen (and the UEFI Shell), you can do that by adding the driver CrScreenshotDxe.efi. Just press F10 and a coloured dot will flash in the top left corner of the screen to indicate capture. Mount your ESP to retrieve your .png screenshot files which should be visible next to your EFI folder.

Last edited:
Try this;

Add the OpenCanopy.efi to your Drivers folder.
Download OcBinaryData from the Acithandera GitHub.
Locate the OcBinaryData > Resources > Image > Acidanthera folder and open it.
Download BsxDarkFenceBlue1 from Blackosx Github.
Locate the BsxDarkFenceBlue1-main and open it to reveal the Blackosx folder.
Move the Blackosx folder into OcBinaryData > Resources > Image > Acidanthera folder.
Should look as the format below;

With this prep complete, mount your macOS EFI System Partition.
Copy the modified Resources folder from OcBinaryData
Paste/Replace the existing empty Resources folder located in your EFI > OC > Resources
Launch your config.plist in the ProperTree Plist Editor and do an OC Snapshot using Cmd+R on your OC folder and then Save.
Edit your config.plist to make the following settings;

Misc > Boot > Hide Auxiliary : True
Misc > Boot > PickerMode : External
Misc > Boot > PickerAttributes : 144
Misc > Boot > PickerVariant : Acidanthera\Blackosx\BsxDarkFenceBlue1

Save & Reboot to view your themed GUI or feel free to change PickerVariant to display a different theme.
Navigate the GUI using the Arrow keys, press Enter to select or press the Spacebar to reveal hidden options like Recovery, Reset NVRAM and OpenShell (in my case) thanks to the Hide Auxiliary quirk. Tab to select Restart or Shutdown
TIP - If you want to take screenshots of your the OpenCore Menu screen (and the UEFI Shell), you can do that by adding the driver CrScreenshotDxe.efi. Just press F10 and a coloured dot will flash in the top left corner of the screen to indicate capture. Mount your ESP to retrieve your .png screenshot files which should be visible next to your EFI folder.
Try this;
  1. Add the OpenCanopy.efi to your Drivers folder.
  2. Download OcBinaryData from the Acithandera GitHub.
  3. Locate the OcBinaryData > Resources > Image > Acidanthera folder and open it.
  4. Download BsxDarkFenceBlue1 from Blackosx Github.
  5. Locate the BsxDarkFenceBlue1-main and open it to reveal the Blackosx folder.
  6. Move the Blackosx folder into OcBinaryData > Resources > Image > Acidanthera folder.
  7. Should look as the format below;

View attachment 566455
  8. With this prep complete, mount your macOS EFI System Partition.
  9. Copy the modified Resources folder from OcBinaryData
  10. Paste/Replace the existing empty Resources folder located in your EFI > OC > Resources
  11. Launch your config.plist in the ProperTree Plist Editor and do an OC Snapshot using Cmd+R on your OC folder and then Save.
  12. Edit your config.plist to make the following settings;
    • Misc > Boot > Hide Auxiliary : True
    • Misc > Boot > PickerMode : External
    • Misc > Boot > PickerAttributes : 144
    • Misc > Boot > PickerVariant : Acidanthera\Blackosx\BsxDarkFenceBlue1

13. Save & Reboot to view your themed GUI or feel free to change PickerVariant to display a different theme.

That great, That's worked thank you :thumbup: Is this the same for all themes? just change the name right?

Just a quick question which I can't find anywhere, is it possible to disable UEFI Shell in OC ?

Back