Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Is it still worth running a older version of mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd update you guys, I've made progress. Installed the updates and Nvidia web drivers but keep getting a black screen. However I've decided to switch to the 760 for now just waiting on the ATX to 6 Pin custom cable to come so I can use the 760. Which will tide me over for now. Will update you guys once the cable has come.

I will get a ATI Radeon card which then I'll move that T1700 into a rack mount chassis. Personally as I use Linux I am not happy with Nvidias performance and ATI support is much better these days (should of done this awhile ago) but my goal is to Dual Boot between MacOS and Linux for both personal and dev work.

I will do a guide once everything is up and running :D

Regards

Jack

Hey folks,

After a bit of a spending spree my new hardware has come including the Graphics card. Currently running a memtest but can't wait to get the new box of tricks properly built and running

I will update my profile as we speak.

Regards

Jack

I seem to be having a hard time installing Mojave on this Z390 hardware. Keeps getting hung up on apfs_module_start:1393 or get stuck on PCI Configuration end. Tried everything combination in Clover but no joy.

I seem to be having a hard time installing Mojave on this Z390 hardware. Keeps getting hung up on apfs_module_start:1393 or get stuck on PCI Configuration end. Tried everything combination in Clover but no joy.
common issue, may help:

or jump over to opencore

common issue, may help:

or jump over to opencore

Good morning,

Thanks for the reply, I did try that but same problem. I've tried OpenCore and Clover but still hanging at apfs_module_start:1689. Tried remove the RX570 and used the iGPU but no change.

hanging at apfs_module_start:1689
It was a very common problem starting with Catalina, usually caused by the lack of an EC device.
Use the forum Search tool to look for 1689.

It was a very common problem starting with Catalina, usually caused by the lack of an EC device.

I have implemented EC Device by a SSDT I made. It is a strange one.

Just an update, I got it figured out, I had to extract the DSDT in Linux to sure out the EC device, this board is very strange compared to the Z77 hardware.

Just an update, I got it figured out, I had to extract the DSDT in Linux to sure out the EC device, this board is very strange compared to the Z77 hardware.
1683313747435.png
Cross-Platform, above is the Linux and Windows version. The macOS is the same but does not have the Dump DSDT option.

Last edited:
Hi folks,

I am struggling with OpenCore, I've followed the guide from OpenCore themselves but I cannot get it to boot, tried to enable a NVRAM reset but I cannot workout how to enable it, every time I boot I Keep getting the following OC Failed to bootstrap SB NVRAM values any ideas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back