Contribute
Register

Is it safe to use my Apple-ID credentials on an Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I'm going to build my first 10.10 hackintosh as soon as november buyer's guide comes out, and I was wondering if it is safe to use my "official" apple-id credentials within Yosemite on the hackintosh.. It is really important to me not to have problems with Apple (i.e. user blocked or other issues) since I have a MacBook Pro, an iPhone and an iPad that I use intensively (iMessage, iTunes, iCloud, etc, all stuff connected to my apple-id), and I'd like to know if someone experienced issues due to accessing apple-servers from the hackintosh, since Apple can perfectly know (I think) that you're not running on an "official" machine.. Can you give me some advices or tell me your experience, if you are running an hackintosh and at the same time have original apple devices and PCs, all running with your apple-id as user? :crazy:

Reactions: 24T
Hello,

I´m using hackintoshes for several years now and never had any problem. In fact, I even registered my Apple ID from the hackintosh in order to use it with an iPod nano.
In the meantime, I had an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, appleTV 2, 3, iPad, iPad mini, Mac mini, iMac 21" and finally went back to a custom built hackintosh (for graphic performance reasons (my graphics board isn´t the best in the world but still better that the iMac´s integrated one)).

So I´m always connecting with my hackintosh to the iTues store or Mac App store and use the AppleTV for video streaming simultaneously.

I´m with you in thinking that Apple can perfectly know if you´re using a real mac or not but honestly speaking I guess they are too business minded to care. Once they block your ID they couldn´t be sure you´re not going to buy your digital content somewhere else. The great south american stream offers good devices and content too, nowadays.

Bye
RobbieTobbie

Hello,

I´m using hackintoshes for several years now and never had any problem. In fact, I even registered my Apple ID from the hackintosh in order to use it with an iPod nano.
In the meantime, I had an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, appleTV 2, 3, iPad, iPad mini, Mac mini, iMac 21" and finally went back to a custom built hackintosh (for graphic performance reasons (my graphics board isn´t the best in the world but still better that the iMac´s integrated one)).

So I´m always connecting with my hackintosh to the iTunes store or Mac App store and use the AppleTV for video streaming simultaneously.

I´m with you in thinking that Apple can perfectly know if you´re using a real mac or not but honestly speaking I guess they are too business minded to care. Once they block your ID they couldn´t be sure you´re not going to buy your digital content somewhere else. The great south american stream offers good devices and content too, nowadays.

Bye
RobbieTobbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back