Contribute
Register

Is everyone moving to Linux when hackintoshes become obsolete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP elitebook 820 G3
CPU
I5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520 1366x768
I figure I will move to Linux (MX) for my existing laptops and buy a few M1 Mac mini’s to replace desktops.

what’s everyone else’s plan? I certainly don’t want to run windows if I can avoid it.

How about pearOS ? It's a Linux distro. Seeing how bad their website is, I wouldn't trust it.

How about pearOS ? It's a Linux distro. Seeing how bad their website is, I wouldn't trust it.

Although I'm more comfortable in Linux than I am with Windows, it's still a far cry from macOS. Also, I have invested a fair bit in to macOS software...

I figure I will move to Linux (MX) for my existing laptops and buy a few M1 Mac mini’s to replace desktops.

what’s everyone else’s plan? I certainly don’t want to run windows if I can avoid it.
I'll buy an M1 sometime soon to replace my beater old airbook.

Other than that, I'll re-evaluate down the road - which I reckon won't be for five years or so. Too far away to worry too much about it.

Experiment with Linux, maybe get a cheap laptop for simple stuff? Sure.

How many more major releases of OS X that support x86 are there going to be? Probably just 1 more after Big Sur, right?

How many more major releases of OS X that support x86 are there going to be? Probably just 1 more after Big Sur, right?

Nobody other than Apple knows and they are not telling...

Have the OpenCore developers commented yet? I’m curious if they plan to keep the project going knowing that it’s going to be a dead end at some point. Kinda takes the enthusiasm away which had me worried they would ditch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back