Contribute
Register

Intel's 8th Generation Coffee Lake CPUs Natively Recognized by macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just confirming, no CPU or IGPU spoofing, correcT?

Depends on your CPU Model and iGPU ID. For 3E92x you need to fake ID to 5912x as described above in post #24 by
xelanaiznac.

I'll be using 8700k.

Then you'll need to spoof the ID to a known one in AppleIntelKBLFrameBuffer.kext to get Acceleration, or with another eGPU, to get QuickSync with a connectorless platform ID.

FakeIntel 0x59128086
ig-platform-id 0x59120003

SUCCESS: I've just upgraded my build with an 8700k with UHD630 running a High Sierra 10.13.2. Everything runs smoothly so far and NO SPOOFING was required, apparently it has some sort of support! Will open later some high performance softwares and will get back here.

I had 10.13.2 already installed, so this was only an upgrade from 7700k & HD630 to 8700k & UHD630

Ran Geekbench and scored SC 5920 and MC 27385. I had SC around 5800s and MC around 21000s previously

Works like a charm for a month. Absolutely high performance and component support. For internal iGPU support FakeIntel and ig-platform-id neccessary, but anything else works native.

That's interesting to know. I'm not quite getting the high performance you're experiencing with my Coffee Lake system.

I'm running an i5-8400 Coffee Lake Processor + ASROCK Z370M Pro4 MoBo + GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 Gaming 2 GB (not using integrated graphics) and get sluggish performance in the Hackintosh side (great performance under Windows).

In particular, Final Cut Pro X performance is atrocious with my config, running High Sierra 10.13.1

I've ordered all my parts for a coffee lake build this weekend. Will keep you posted. i-8700k and GA-Z370N-Wifi Board

I've ordered all my parts for a coffee lake build this weekend. Will keep you posted. i-8700k and GA-Z370N-Wifi Board

Nice that's the same build I did- running very well. I'll be posting a User Build soon with my experience with it. :thumbup:

That's interesting to know. I'm not quite getting the high performance you're experiencing with my Coffee Lake system.

I'm running an i5-8400 Coffee Lake Processor + ASROCK Z370M Pro4 MoBo + GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 Gaming 2 GB (not using integrated graphics) and get sluggish performance in the Hackintosh side (great performance under Windows).

In particular, Final Cut Pro X performance is atrocious with my config, running High Sierra 10.13.1

From Geekbench 4 bench i get better results than in Windows 10 1709.

I'm not an expert in Video Rendering or Cutting but when converting, de- and encoding videos and container formats i learned to better have internal graphics turned on because of Intel QuickSync Hardware Acceleration. With that feature my videos convert multiple times as fast with much less CPU and GPU usage and heat/ TDP.

As well you can give your MoBo's MultiCoreEnhancement feature a try, to have all the cores at highest Clock level, by MoBo configuration in BIOS. Of course always keep an eye on your Temps and Fan Values.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back