Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Intel UHD 630 on macOS Catalina 10.15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does sleep/wake works on your configuration?? I couldn't get it to work with UHD 630.
Yes, it does.

I don't know if it's something related to my BIOS settings, I'll share them in the guide I planned to write in the near future.

Finally I've been able to get the graphics acceleration. I just used the original config.plist file I attached on my first post and a DisplayPort cable instead of a HDMI one.

Display Port cable is usally recommended for hackintosh since most Macs have display port.

Display Port cable is usally recommended for hackintosh since most Macs have display port.
Yes, you're right. Unfortunately I didn't know that, moreover I didn't have a DisplayPort cable at home so I tried every other possible solution firstly.

This sounds like your System Definition is off!

I had the same troubles over HDMI in the beginning with my Mini PC.

Try to find a System Definition that fits more to your CPU type, I first had macmini Definitions Running but had problems, then I found out the MacBookPro works way better because my System had a Mobile CPU.

Not running Catalina but had exactly the same troubles.

Finally I've been able to get the graphics acceleration. I just used the original config.plist file I attached on my first post and a DisplayPort cable instead of a HDMI one.

In the upcoming days I'll write a full guide on how to make macOS Catalina 10.15.x work with graphics acceleration on a DeskMini 310H + Intel Core i5 9500 (UHD 630).

Thank you anyway for your help!

Did you solve the 31MB problem on the UHD630?

Did you solve the 31MB problem on the UHD630?
Yeah, it works like a charm.

Please refer to the config.plist file attached here and use a DisplayPort cable.

*** DELETED ***

Last edited:
*** DELETED ***

Last edited:
CORRECTION: I incorrectly concluded that my black screen problem (black screen after progress bar and before login prompt) was because I had an incorrect Framebuffer value injected in Clover device properties (AAPL,ig-platform-id). I had been making multiple changes and determine that the actual cause was that I needed to add the correct framebuffer-conX-type (0x04000000, DigitalDVI) for each of the three DP ports. This "trick" port type was necessary because I'm using DP -> DVI adapters.

My system specs are as follows:
  • HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini (I7-8700T, UHD 630)
  • CLOVER r5117 (UEFI, SMBIOS MacModel iMac19,2 or MacMini 8,1)
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • 3 x DP ports
  • Latest Lilu, WhateverGreen
  • macOS: Catalina 10.15.4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back