i5-9500
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have a mini PC with a 9th-Gen Intel Core i5 (9500, with Intel UHD 630) and I just made a clean installation of macOS Catalina 10.15.1.

After completing the install, I noticed that my OS detects the UHD 630 with 31 MB of RAM only and the graphics performance of my hackintosh is very poor. I'm using a HDMI cable and the audio is not working neither.

I tried different solutions:
  • Enable or disable "Inject Intel" option
  • Add or remove -disablegfxfirmware boot parameter
  • Change ig-platform-id with different values
but none of them worked.

I'm using WhateverGreen 1.3.4, Lilu 1.3.9 and AppleALC 1.4.3 installed with KextBeast in Library/Extensions.

Do you have any suggestion? You can find my current config.plist attached.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.4 KB · Views: 2,204
Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

try with this
Thank you, but unfortunately it does not work. I am still able to boot but I have no graphic acceleration.

Hello,

I have a mini PC with a 9th-Gen Intel Core i5 (9500, with Intel UHD 630) and I just made a clean installation of macOS Catalina 10.15.1.

After completing the install, I noticed that my OS detects the UHD 630 with 31 MB of RAM only and the graphics performance of my hackintosh is very poor. I'm using a HDMI cable and the audio is not working neither.

but none of them worked.

I'm using WhateverGreen 1.3.4, Lilu 1.3.9 and AppleALC 1.4.3 installed with KextBeast in Library/Extensions.

Thanks in advance.
Try this config.plist.
It is one you attached, but a little bit changed.
And try through HDMI, if you can.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10 KB · Views: 1,066
Hello,

but none of them worked.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, which guide did you follow to setup Catalina ?

Try this config.plist.
It is one you attached, but a little bit changed.
And try through HDMI, if you can.

Thanks for your time.

Unfortunately when I try to boot, after the Apple logo is shown and when the loading bar is about half full, the screen goes black and I'm unable to log in. I'm using HDMI port.

I had to restore my previous config.plist file without graphics acceleration.

Hi, which guide did you follow to setup Catalina ?

I used this guide with some adjustments, otherwise as-it-is didn't work for me.

Starting from that repo, in config.plist file I changed the ig-platform-id to 0x59120000 and I added -disablegfxfirmware parameter in the Clover boot section. Then I updated AppleALC, Lilu and WhateverGreen to their last version.

By doing this, I've been able to install macOS Catalina 10.15.1 but I'm not having any graphics acceleration and HDMI audio neither.

Finally I've been able to get the graphics acceleration. I just used the original config.plist file I attached on my first post and a DisplayPort cable instead of a HDMI one.

In the upcoming days I'll write a full guide on how to make macOS Catalina 10.15.x work with graphics acceleration on a DeskMini 310H + Intel Core i5 9500 (UHD 630).

Thank you anyway for your help!

Does sleep/wake works on your configuration?? I couldn't get it to work with UHD 630.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back